Random avatar

DanielRichard

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Spirit and the Fool

    Hey there, thanks for the review, and I'm glad you liked it! This story actually began with a slightly different idea in mind, but morphed a bit as I wrote ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Sun-Kissed Exhilaration

    Interesting little story. There is no conflict, just an easy read, which matches the easy-going style of your words. I get the impression this might have started as a poem? ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: How it Ends

    Hey there. Interesting idea for a piece. It's very short and VERY tragic. I like how you started the story, immediately showing the love between the two characters, but other ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Haunting Hour (Isabelles Story)

    Great story! I felt the creepy texture throughout the whole piece, and that's always fun. I know it's a simple story, but you could make it even longer by giving ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • General Articles Re: First Chance, Second String

    Thanks for you comments, everyone. I'm glad it is even inspiring to some of you :) I'm more than happy for any suggestions on it. I might try to submit ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Spirit and the Fool

    Thanks for your input Kaitlin. I have been wondering about the ending. I might try out a few others and see if there isn't one I like better. Also, thanks ...

    Jan 4, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Elder and the Proper

    I realize this was for a competition which will always affect the way you write, but that being said, I'll give my observations on this piece and if you have ...

    Dec 26, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Spirit and the Fool

    The thing is, the man put off making his wish for so long, that all he could wish for was to have his life back. If he had chosen a ...

    Dec 25, 2010
  • General Articles Re: First Chance, Second String

    This is a sports column I wrote my Senior year of high school for the school paper, of which I was the editor. It won first place in the state ...

    Dec 25, 2010
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: between the lines.

    The intro was good, but once the story gets going it feels rushed. There are so many characters that we meet very quickly, and much of what is going on ...

    Dec 25, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Spirit and the Fool

    This isn't my best writing, but it's the only short story I've written that is short enough to post in a forum like this. It's not polished, but I recently ...

    Dec 25, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Taking Over The World (working title)

    So far, I'm intrigued. I like how you begin with an intimidating character, and soon you turn her into someone more relatable and humorous. It was a nice shift, but ...

    Dec 25, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Spirit and the Fool

    The Spirit and the Fool There was once a man, as men there tend to be, and this man was walking, as these men often do. To where exactly he ...

    Dec 25, 2010
  • General Articles Re: Top Ten Reasons Why Women Are Better Than Men!

    Certainly humorous, and over-the-top. I could see that you were exaggerating, but also caught that there was frustration in your writing, too. It got a bit subjective when little words ...

    Dec 21, 2010
  • General Articles Re: Seven Reasons Why Men are Better than Women

    Clearly meant as humor, albeit humor that rocks the boat a bit. It successfully made me laugh and the fact that people are commenting so heavily on it, I'd say ...

    Dec 21, 2010


A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief