User avatar

Critiq

  • Randomosity Re: Do you ever wish the world was in a more primal state?

    The more we learn, the more, we realize, there is to learn. Also, being a writer, I deeply value the computer and printing press myself. Also, going back through time, ...

    Nov 22, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Is Star Wars Fantasy or Sci-Fi?

    Ultimately, it doesn't matter, unless you make it matter.

    Nov 22, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Question Game

    Are you suggesting I'm keeping secrets?

    Nov 20, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: A few feet under Chapter 1 (rated 16+ for lanaguage)

    It's good writing, yes, but I'm afraid its already gone too far into cliche territory. I mean, Bermuda Triangle? Robotic monotone voices? Videos of some guy in terrible danger which ...

    Nov 20, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A note from my muse

    It's good (although I can't say good idea because it comes from a book), but there's no conflict or anything to make it interesting. Even the muse-ness falls flat because ...

    Nov 19, 2009
  • Questions and Answers Re: What is the correct response to stop?

    Either 'eloquently put', 'the word of the ignorant', or 'I hate this game.'

    Nov 18, 2009
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Acceptable critiquing standards

    Concisely put, why critique if you are not critical of anything? I guess I'm more in the position of 'writers should suck it up' than 'reviewers should ooze niceness'. Writers ...

    Nov 18, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Tree in a Park

    It's OK, I suppose. If I was you parent I'd probably say 'Good job honey', or something like that. But overall it's just pretty dull. I mean, we've all seen ...

    Nov 17, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: YWS INVADES MAOIST CHINA

    o_O

    Nov 15, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: 2012

    2012? Kill me now. Or, in less sarcastic terms, I can't say I like that movie or plan to see it, even in the slightest.

    Nov 15, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Updated: Life, Death and Politics

    I must admit, I found that very interesting. The interplay between italics and normal text, 1st person and 3rd person, is very confusing though. If it's dialogue, put it in ...

    Nov 15, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Mary Sue or Anti-Sue?

    So, its between A Clockwork Orange and, say, Twilight ... I'll sure have to think long and hard about this one...

    Nov 15, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Fight Club

    Fight Club is awesome, but I'm not willing to get a Facebook to find out how truly awesome it is.

    Nov 12, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Any Exceptional Books About Writing?

    Gotham Writer's Workshop: Writing Fiction Very excellent book. I've also tried Writing Magic but it is definitely geared towards younger, more mainstream writers.

    Nov 12, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Weezer Fans: Get a Snuggie!

    Weezer turned way downhill with Make Believe, which was more emo-pop than alternative rock. Then the Red Album made things worse. And now? Raditude? A snuggie tie in? "Hipster Coolness?" ...

    Nov 9, 2009


The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.
— Fabienne Fredrickson