User avatar

Critiq

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Junkwriting

    Yay for junk writing. But seriously, that stream of consciousness stuff can actually make for good writing. It's in a lot of top tier novels like the Iliad, I believe. ...

    Nov 29, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: This Week on YWS: 11/21/2009

    Keep em' coming. I'd love to see a list of stories with not enough stars to be featured but enough to deserve a look. They shouldn't have to dwell in ...

    Nov 29, 2009
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Big changes to topics

    Not sure about the word counter (it taunts me), because spam is a definite problem. 250 characters is just too little for a fair review, and now people will surely ...

    Nov 29, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Unnamed-Chap. One Part One

    It's good, first off. You don't see present tense that often nowadays. Extremely boring beginning, though, like you've said. The math is a really, really, bad way to start the ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Story 1, Chapter 1

    Hmm... not sure what I think about this one. Good piece overall. The flashback in the middle was pretty obvious, with the italics, such forth and so on. Watch your ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Who makes the Best Space Ships?

    The Russians. No one is pressuring me to say this. No one.

    Nov 27, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Random YWS Browser Stats

    Those sad, sad internet explorer users.

    Nov 27, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is your opinion always right?

    Universal (from the dictionary): 1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of all or the whole: universal experience. 2. applicable everywhere or in all cases; general: a universal cure. 3. affecting, ...

    Nov 27, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is your opinion always right?

    At the idea of universal right and wrong, I believe it cannot exist. If we all had a guiding sense of what was right, how could opinion or dissent exist? ...

    Nov 26, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Ever written a story with no humans?

    I actually don't think so. The thing is humans, naturally, have a tendency to care most about other humans.

    Nov 26, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: This Might Have You Thinking (13+)

    Kids nowadays...

    Nov 23, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Fluorescent reviews for Adolescents

    This please? One of the first pieces of poetry I've done that I actually cared about, so I'd like a heaping helping of critique. I care more about general opinion ...

    Nov 23, 2009
  • General Articles Re: Right (write) on.

    Its hard to critique thoughts. But I'll try my best. First off all, I do like this. It's not Earth shattering or even very special but it's quality. But down ...

    Nov 23, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Red Stiletto

    On a steaming hot day As I slogged through the ghetto I crossed a cute girl In her red-hot stiletto Just look at her clothes She knows we guys see ...

    Nov 22, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Updated: Life, Death and Politics

    The general consensus of footnotes is that they should never be in a work of fiction, unless you have a really, really good reason.

    Nov 22, 2009


Half goat, half fish, all goatfish.
— OSP Red