User avatar

Critiq

  • Lounge, The Re: Man Gets Stabbed; Orders Coffee

    This guy is hardcore. Amen. It needs something else, though, like a snowstorm, to make him totally awesome.

    Dec 27, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Feelings on Atheism

    I believe atheist and people of faith are completely arrogant... Well, most people don't truly know what they believe, when it comes down to it.

    Dec 27, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Bad YA Fiction?

    I guess I know what you are talking about. It's a more modern version of the 'teen anxst' story (which is the sole reason I stay away from Romance stories) ...

    Dec 26, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: What book would make you attracted to a person if you...

    Catch-22. And they have to be laughing.

    Dec 26, 2009
  • Questions and Answers Re: If Pinocchio...

    I never knew Pinocchio was a fan of circular logic. And by the way, it's opposite day.

    Dec 17, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Alice In Wonderland

    Should be interesting, but I still play by the creed that all books are better than their movie adaptions.

    Dec 17, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: What do you look for in a potential girlfriend/boyfriend?

    I'm definitely into the laid back creative intellectual type. Of course, that doesn't happen very often. At all. Personality is tops, of course, but I generally prefer red/dark hair, and ...

    Dec 14, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Self Editing Before You Post

    Don't sweat the small stuff to much, though. The most important thing is that the basic structure is good. You don't want to waste time polishing poop.

    Dec 13, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Was Jesus really all that amazing?

    Jesus wasn't sent down to Earth to fertilize large swaths of land or eliminate plagues, he was sent down to spread the word of god. God can do those things ...

    Dec 11, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Sommers' Crash

    I like this world. You do mean the soda coke... never mind. First of all, we have a little policy on this site that you should try to do 2-3 ...

    Dec 10, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What makes a great book?

    Emotional impact is usually my answer to this stuff. Good writing makes you 'feel' things, whether its sadness, contempt, horror, or happiness. Of course, all people react to different emotions ...

    Dec 10, 2009
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Soppy Scenes

    Something about this just irks me. If you don't take your work seriously, who will, especially in an emotional moment such as this? It works for lighter encounters, of course. ...

    Dec 8, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The First Canto (tentative title)

    Have you read the Divine Comedy? I have a strong feeling you've read the divine comedy. A very strong feeling. Because, basically, this is the Divine Comedy. It has cantos. ...

    Dec 5, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Black Book

    'Brevity is the soul of wit,' eh? I think you are definitely channeling this. I'm not the best poet here (I despise poetry with a burning passion most days), but ...

    Dec 5, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Teddy bear in Ground Zero-edited version

    Okay, here we go. First off, you have a lot of problems with grammar and vocabulary, which can make this story somewhat hard to comprehend at times. But overall, this ...

    Dec 5, 2009


Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.