-
Re: Trust.
You need more images, less abstraction. Try thinking of a way to paint the picture without describing what the picture is about. Perhaps add some narrative elements, if that helps: ...
Aug 10, 2009 -
Re: A Moment of Silence
I tumble forth into the world. From a womb-vessel wrought, I sat and thought near the edges of time till the moment came to ruin my oblique heaven. Old doctor, ...
Aug 10, 2009 -
Re: Looking for able-bodied writers
I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested writing for a new site/blog that Bent and I are currently attempting to devise. We're looking for darker, more experimental ...
Oct 16, 2008 -
Re: An Indifference
Yeah, I'm with you man. No one here seems to give a shit, and everything is reduced to grammatical criticsim or just plain "I don't get it". I've been scouring ...
Oct 14, 2008 -
Re: TYWC Refugees... Bad News
It looks like the site is back up. That really is strange.
Oct 6, 2008 -
Re: Grim Specters
Am I paranoid? I don’t think so. I look out my window and see them, nightmares made flesh. With azure hair and prescription pills, walkers, mobile chairs, oxygen tanks, coupons, ...
Oct 1, 2008 -
Re: Is It Wrong?
I agree, some people are quicker than others, but not Seamus Heaney could produce a good, finished poem in less than half an hour. That's ridiculous. It's one thing to ...
Oct 1, 2008 -
Re: childhood.
Nice structure here. It's nice to see something a little different than the standard childhood poem, inapplicable to anyone. Sure brings back memories.
Oct 1, 2008 -
Re: Best Friends For Never
Friends always let you down, it seems, and all you have is yourself. It's a lonely and selfish world, and you're lucky if you can find one decent person who ...
Oct 1, 2008 -
Re: The Soul Factory
I thought it was pretty obvious this was a fantasy. Factories don't rape and kill people in real life. I believe the term is personification.
Oct 1, 2008 -
Re: TYWC Refugees... Bad News
Lots of familiar names here. I'm really glad someone backed up all my old writings for me, otherwise it would be totally gone. Does anyone know what happened?
Sep 30, 2008 -
Re: An Indifference
I wake from the nausea of sleep to some foreign breathing, heavy and irregular, cold and awful. Terror saturates my guts. There is no monstrosity, no groaning creature clothed in ...
Sep 30, 2008 -
Re: Advice for burgeoning poets
In 'A Clockwork Testament', Anthony Burgess, through Enderby, expounds upon the nature of poetry. Enderby emphasizes repeatedly to his Creative Writing class that poetry is about words, not feelings.
Sep 30, 2008 -
Re: Ode to the 8-bit
Makes me feel nostalgic. They don't make games like they used to, that's for sure. They're too easy nowadays. Nice, lightweight poem. Brings back some good memories.
Sep 30, 2008 -
Re: Odd Poem
The tone was somewhat flat and the rhyme scheme uneven. The ending, however, was nice and surprising. Downbeat endings are the way to go.
Sep 25, 2008
