User avatar

Cicero

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Warning to Amateurs: Professional Poetry

    I applaud your reference to Apollinaire. Only one part I thought needs help: "Mature poets have little yen to read" - I was under the impression that yen is a ...

    Oct 4, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Indeed, it is a new day

    Howdy. Nice to meet you all.

    Oct 4, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: To Rend This Tattered Heart (formally "Shatter")

    I'm glad you liked the poem. Any title suggestions, or do you like that too? It's interesting that we both lost our ability to write, isn't it? Perhaps we are ...

    Oct 4, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: To Rend This Tattered Heart (formally "Shatter")

    "To Rend This Tattered Heart" Your hand casually touches my breast, cupping it in your palm Willingly I allow you to reach inside me, your fingers probing first my ribcage ...

    Oct 4, 2005
  • Media Reviews Re: The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan)

    The books are great until about the fifth one... then it becomes repetitive and mundane. But such is life. Mat and Perrin are the best characters.

    Oct 4, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Indiscretion

    "Indiscretion" I’ve come to accept the way the sparkle of the ring on my finger catches your eye. The way it turns about as your kiss hovers just above my ...

    Oct 4, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Poem

    It's a poem, just in a different format. Since does poetry have rules? Screw the rules, kids, they were meant to be broken anyway. But that doesn't excuse this poem ...

    Oct 4, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Unfinished

    Lead me into a curtained off, hidden corner You don't need that comma. Unnecessary pause. To make the next phrase parallel, it would help to add a "You" at the ...

    Oct 4, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Indeed, it is a new day

    Hey all. Galatea is a good friend of mine and she got me to join this forum. I'm a veteran of several other forums, most notably Hatrack. The name is ...

    Oct 4, 2005


The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening