User avatar

Cicero

  • Other Poetry Re: The Rhythm of Dark Encroaching

    Bump?

    Aug 15, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Umbrella (contest entry)

    I guess I just feel, Jiggity, that poetry has no purpose unless it touches the reader in some way. I'd recommend Ted Kooser's "The Poetry Home Repair Manual." He was ...

    Aug 11, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Umbrella (contest entry)

    An overly taught piece of night, Do you mean "taught" as in "He was taught math"? Or do you mean "taut" as in tight? it nurtured and protected. It nurtured ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Still-Life with Buffalo

    Thanks Fand! That's actually a compliment I get a lot - that my poems are like reading paintings.

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Siege

    To me this seems like it belongs as lore in an awesome fantasy novel. I have some suggestions, however: your refrain is repeated too often. Perhaps repeat it after every ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Still-Life with Buffalo

    Magic - thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Prosi - Yes, I wrote it. I would not have posted it if I hadn't written it. ;-) Also, what do you ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Still-Life with Buffalo

    "Still-Life with Buffalo" By K.J. Hascall Revised 6/15/06 I cannot write lofty prose about Trafalgar Square, for I have never set foot on English soil – neither can I comment ...

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Red Balloon

    Ever heard the song "99 Red Balloons"? It was originally in German but I think the band Goldfinger covered it quite well. Your poem really reminds of that song.

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Rhythm of Dark Encroaching

    Inspired by the Big Head Todd and the Monsters song "Bittersweet." Title suggestions are greatly appreciated! Some of the line breaks are bit off because of the format of this ...

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: How Not To Make a Human

    I don't really like the title, Bob, mostly because even if that's not how to make a human, that's how all humans are still made. Maybe use a computer term ...

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan)

    A thought to add: I was talking to the clerk at the local bookstore about the books and he said that the reason there are just so damn many is ...

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (by Lisa See)

    This was a novel about two girls growing up in a very remote part of Hunan province in China in the late 19th century. It is a coming-of-age story as ...

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: The "I'm Back" Thread

    Hey all, most of you probably don't remember me since I've been gone the better part of a year, but I'm returning now. JustGoat was my main hang, my favorite ...

    Aug 9, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Abyssus abyssum...

    Of course I understand why people use them. However, that doesn't mean they aren't unnecessarily cryptic and stupid.

    Oct 20, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Spectrum of Emotion

    Errr, great? Your name Will forever be for me Love, and pain I like these lines and that's about it. These lines are great, and I completely identify with them. ...

    Oct 20, 2005


"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green