User avatar

Cicero

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Observation from the Back Stair

    Here's the revised version. Again, crits are appreciated. “Aubade” By K.J. Hascall 8/19/06 Revised 8/26/06 I slip out to the back stair at a late night, late summer party, alcohol ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: who's/what's your fav poet or poetry

    T.S. Elliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock." Wallace Stevens' "Sunday Morning." Tennyson's "Locksley Hall." Robert Burns' "Flow Gently, Sweet Afton" (the band Nickel Creek made this into a ...

    Nov 15, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Cantilever

    Bob - This is a beautiful poem, it just needs some clarifying and tightening. Here are my suggestions: Life is the place you swing, not looking down, the earth god's ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Left/Grasshopper Drive

    WARNING: If you're offended by curse words, don't read this. “Left” By K.J. Hascall 9/24/06 There’s a dusty cloud following my car, bouncing up and down on the washboard road. ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • Homework Help Re: College Search for DD

    DD - I go to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and I don't know if that minors rule applies here, because there were a couple of 16-year-olds in my dorm freshman ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Fountain

    Precocious, aren't you? Read "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. I read it when I was about your age... it opened up a whole new world for me. It's about ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: waiting (please bring gloves)

    OK, I've noticed a few things. First of all... your line breaks are a little funky. When you make a line break, you need to consider how much the breaks ...

    Nov 11, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Observation from the Back Stair

    Antigone - thanks for the crit! It was very helpful. I've taken your advice on the bit about ice cubes, breaking up the sock drawer line, and the "very acutely." ...

    Aug 23, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Rhythm of Dark Encroaching

    Ani - thanks for reading. Vermillion is spelled right, because that is the American spelling. You are probably more familiar with the British spelling, which only employs one 'L'. "The ...

    Aug 21, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Shakespeare's Casanova

    I like this poem because I despise Shakespeare. Just a thought.

    Aug 20, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Observation from the Back Stair

    A question: Why is it “Observation from the Back Stair”. tenants-tenant’s. "We lean against the walls and railings, content to enjoy the polite talk, for sometimes we are the only ...

    Aug 20, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: To Jennithith and Birth Marks

    XG - I LOVE, ADORE, and ADMIRE this poem immensely. It's one of the best I've read on this site. I even had my roommate read it and we both ...

    Aug 20, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Observation from the Back Stair

    Yes, this poem is long, but all critiques are greatly appreciated!!! This really lays open my inner-most feelings, so be thorough and gentle. “Observation from the Back Stair” By K.J. ...

    Aug 19, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: there is no such word as eachother.

    This is a lovely poem, Inertia, and I very much enjoyed the message of it. One critique - the transition between the first and second stanzas is very rough and ...

    Aug 19, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Rhythm of Dark Encroaching

    Well, the title is changed, but there's really nowhere to break for stanzas. It doesn't need them, nor want for them.

    Aug 17, 2006


To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.
— Allen Ginsberg