User avatar

CastlesInTheSky

  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Fat Burbies

    Some nitpicking of mine: They were standing at the bottom of our drive next to a bossy red car, A bossy car? Not sure I've ever heard of that one ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Duncan's Death

    It had been a long two years that passed by; A better way of phrasing this is: It had been a long two years had had passed by. That's just ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Max Killer

    This is a story that I decided to write inspired by me and a friend. We were talking about what we would name our child, when and if we had ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: The Lone One

    “There goes that impostor!” the priest cried. He gestured towards the doorway where just seconds ago a bloodied, beaten man had gone through. “He claims himself to be the Messiah! ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: Scars That Never Heal

    I have gone over this for a few weeks, and it's my first proper novel-type thing i've managed to finish. This is only the first part. The second is coming ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Alone With The Sky

    alright, so my last two poems haven't been very great. so, i have two strikes (in my mind, anyway). this is my last try at poetry...three strikes and I'm lets ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: Who Would've Thought? 2

    Once I entered the front room again, Kate had already moved to the other side of the table, I think she could tell that I didn’t want to talk to ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Traitor

    October 10, 1692 "No! Let go of me!" "You're not going anywhere, little witch." The man said gruffly, as he tried to drag me onto the back of the wagon. ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Chapter 1:The night at the villa...

    My advice is: less of the exclamation marks - this makes it immature. Instead, use verbs and adverbs that transmit strong feelings. You keep forgetting capital letters - any literate ...

    Jul 25, 2008


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)