User avatar

Cassandra

  • Writing Tips Re: Writing critiques -How do I?

    Pick a piece and read through it. I like to have either a notebook and pen or a word document handy. That way I can make a note of things ...

    Oct 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Guess what? FREAK sucks.

    It looks good, actually. I think there's a few extra adjectives in the first paragraph...maybe go through and see which ones are necessary and which ones aren't? Other than that, ...

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Why Grammar Counts

    I got this in a chain email thing once: An English professor wrote the words, "A woman without her man is nothing," on the blackboard and directed the students to ...

    Oct 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Color Thesaurus

    Woah. :shock: This will be sooo handy. Thanks, CL!

    Oct 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to write chapters...

    Gah. Why couldn't I find this when I went through all the Writing Tips stuff last night? Thanks, Snoink. :)

    Oct 5, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Infant

    That was interesting. It would seem that fathers have no excuse for avoiding dirty diapers, because they are just as capable as women! :D

    Oct 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: "The Real World"

    Mmm. Well I'll tell people about it if they ask, you know? But most don't. Plus I always feel kind of silly and stupid telling people I'm writing a makes ...

    Oct 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Being Critical

    When I post up stories on YWS, what I am posting it for is not because I'm worried about the grammar. I am wondering about your impressions of the characters. ...

    Sep 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Chapter 5 Opening Proving Difficult...

    Well, it looks okay to me, and I actually like the dialouge, but I haven't read The Chair, so what do I know? But yeah. My chapter five is killing ...

    Sep 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Development

    #1 I love your avvie, and #2 WOW. Great site. *Adds to favorites* This'll take me a while to complete, but I'm sure it'll be well worth it. Thanks so ...

    Sep 22, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing An Outline

    I've done some really detailed outlining, planning out each scene and what will happen in it, and I've also tried storyboard outlining. The detailed outlining gave the best results, but ...

    Sep 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Looking for opinions

    As to the image, I think the father's narrative is woven amazingly well between son's reaction. I can see it well enough; and both characters outward action/aspect is vivid and ...

    Sep 4, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Words from Patton

    So true, Snoink. Back towards the beginning of the summer I was outlining like crazy, then kept hitting blocks where I couldn't think of what should come next. The solution? ...

    Aug 31, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Constructing an outline?

    Woot! That was the PM from me. XD Um, yeah. So this was/is very helpful. I've tried storyboard outlining and regular outlining, and now I've outlined the first sixteen chapters; ...

    Aug 31, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Whatever Happened To...

    Ugh. Those were so big in elementary school. I never really read them, but I did like that one where you could find out your alternate name or something. I ...

    Aug 27, 2006


Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief