User avatar

Cassandra

  • Writing Tips Re: Tenses: How Do You Choose?

    So, how do you all go about picking a tense to write in? Do you usually just end up writing in the tense you're most comfortable with, or do you ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Nuancing Dialogue: Grammar + You

    Hooray for cookies of love! This was an excellent article. I'm thinking it should be made into some sort of contract, so that when you create an account with the ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Laying vs. Lying

    Thank you for this! I knew that saying a person was laying on the ground was wrong, but never knew why! Now I do. :D

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Sureal Tiptoeing into the World of Short Story Publishing

    Thanks for the links, Sureal! If I ever manage to edit any of my short stories to my liking, I might send some off, and this will be so helpful. ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Crysi's stuff.

    I know what you mean as far as posting goes--I'm terrified to post anything from any sort of novel I'm working on, because A) What if I don't finish it/neglect ...

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Notes on FREAK

    Congrats, Snoink! I can't even begin to imagine how good that feeling must be. :D

    Jan 11, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Cal's Hyde Park Corner Soapbox Oration #3

    This is so incredibly helpful--thankyou! I'm adding this page to my favorites. :D

    Dec 24, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Critiquing Without Interest

    Mostly, if I start to read something, I'm going to finish it and crit it. Because for me, I don't waste my time reading something that I don't want to ...

    Dec 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Instead of said, you can use......

    I believe Trident is talking about this: Pretty handy, no? But really, going on what trident said, you don't have to say "he said" after every line of dialouge. You ...

    Dec 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Instead of said, you can use......

    Or.... You could just use said. Because it's all pretty and sparkly like that. Too many substitutes make stuff sound forced, me thinks. ;)

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When writing a novel...

    5.) Don't stress it! Don't rush it! Do not have a fit over it. Seriously, it's not life or death, take a few days break. There is nothing worse for ...

    Nov 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Being Nice

    "Hey, I've been there too and I wrote this one really sucky story that tried to use the same thing." Except then you'd, you know, be calling their story sucky ...

    Nov 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Worst Thing Ever In The Eternity Of The Writing World!

    Don't worry too much about the beginning, as you will probably end up changing it later. Example? I was about 20k into my non-nano novel, decided I hated the beginning, ...

    Nov 23, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Fix a Story

    I really hate editing my work, because there's no fun in it! Anyone else feel the same way? RR* Really? That's funny, because I usually love to make my stuff ...

    Nov 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: "Critiques" - A Word from the Department Head

    2. A serious response to a poem does not include or consist solely of any of the following phrases: "this was so awsum i could totaly relat to this! keep ...

    Nov 6, 2006


huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart