User avatar

Cassandra

  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!

    I'm using a PB Wiki to organize EVERYTHING: my character charts, my outline, my ideas, my notes. It's crazy. My luck, the server will be down all November! XD But ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: anyone attending regional Nano events?

    There's a kick-off thing either today or tomorrow for my area, but I don't think my parents would ever let me go. Maybe when I can finally drive! :)

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: letters from your characters

    Cassandra: It's good you decided my idea was a good one. Do I seriously get to go on a killing spree? Wait. What do you mean I die at the ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!

    No spoilers! That's cheating! Besides, then if you read my story later, you'll know what happens! And then what use will a critique be if you've known the ending the ...

    Oct 28, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Animal Farm

    Personification? It would seem that we have opposite tastes in books, Claudette! Which makes it pretty funny that we really like eachother's NaNo plot...XD

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    That's funny, because I just read The Bell Jar this summer, and I rather despised it. Now that I think about it, Ester was whiny too! Oy. Classics don't like ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Media Reviews Re: Animal Farm

    How was is it that I haven't posted in here yet? I read this book last summer and loved it. The ending was perfect, and the way you can draw ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Florence Helene is perfect in every way, and she's the only one who's ever kind to me. So yes. Florence. --Charon What kind of weather best describes your personality?

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Empathize? But the main character's just a big fat complainer! He goes on and on about how everything's so phony and fake. I honestly don't think I know anyone that ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    Bah. Harry Potter isn't YA, Claudette! And some YA books are done well. I hate the Catcher in the Rye. Holden is so whiny ... *stabs* I just don't understand ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!

    If you really don't like the cult thing, Claudette, kill it! I know, I know, word count, right? But really, why write about it if you're going to do so ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!

    Jack--I have my first eleven chapters outlined, mostly using the pre-notes method found at Snoink's website, minus the "Purpose" category, because this is NaNo, of course! From there, I have ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: The Lottery by Shirley Jackson

    I read this short story in a creative writing course I took last summer, and I must say, it quickly became one of my favorites. Read The Lottery and discuss! ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!

    Oh, and don't think you'll get a preview of the ending by sucking up, Claudette! Not in a million years! XD But I still need to work out some kinks ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Soon. --Charon Peacefully, while lying in my bed, perhaps in the arms of a lovely man... --Florence Helene Do you have a hard time focusing/are you distracted easily?

    Oct 27, 2006


No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge