User avatar

Cassandra

  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo 2007

    I definitely need to set a higher goal this year, because once I hit 50k last time, I did almost no writing the rest of the month. It sucked. >_< ...

    Mar 24, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    It's a pretty name, sort of sounds like it would shimmer and sparkle in the sunlight. This person is mysterious and daring, but also kind. They live near an outdoor ...

    Mar 17, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    A nervous houswife who spends most of her time keeping her children safe and glancing cautiously out of her kitchen window. Zadkhiel

    Mar 17, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    I keep them if they're pretty, or if the person wrote a nice message. --Zadkhiel Most of the time, I chuck them straight in the garbage, or else they sit ...

    Mar 17, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Digital. It's a whole lot more convenient, but I don't take pictures that much. --Charlie My brother's digital camera. He leaves that thing lying around even more than his ipod, ...

    Mar 17, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Fiction

    I don't think this is the right place for this: Other Fiction, along with the other Literary Forums, is for completed stories, unless they are novels, and in that case, ...

    Mar 17, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Maybe A Miracle by Brian Strausse, I believe. I heard about it in Writer's Digest, but so far, I'm not impressed.

    Mar 16, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    The Kiss by Kathryn Harrison

    Mar 15, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you love to write?

    I love to come up with ideas, and characters. I love the freedom you can have with writing, where what you say goes. But I honestly don't love the act ...

    Mar 12, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    The Magician's Nephew of the Chronicles of Narnia series...I just finished The World According to Garp , so I figured I'd offset it with some easy reading. I want to ...

    Mar 12, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Pretty Pretty Pigs! :D

    A pig with wings! Inspired by the site's layout, by any chance, or just a healthy dose of randomness? ;)

    Mar 12, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Nine lives would be pretty sweet, because then I would always have another chance if I screw up. --Charlie I think I'm happy with just one. I don't really want ...

    Mar 10, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How do you like your sentences?

    I like to use a variety of sentence types (or at least I hope I do!), but as write me said, it depends on the story or the tone you're ...

    Mar 6, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    The World According To Garp by John Irving. It's pretty slow reading, but it's a good story so far.

    Mar 4, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    On Writing by Stephen King--I'm almost done, and it's been pretty good so far.

    Feb 28, 2007


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate