User avatar

Cassandra

  • Welcome Mat Re: Is a sword considered a concealed weapon?

    Hey, and welcome to YWS! PM me if you have need any critiques or anything, okay? I can't wait to see some of your writing. :D --Cassandra

    Oct 13, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Last Friday

    I think that you're trying to use swear words to up the emotion and intensity of your piece. And it works...sometimes. But most of the time, it does not. Why? ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Dears (Introduction)

    I agree with the above comments. The "classic" thing isn't really working for me, especially with the modern-sounding orange juice and oatmeal. The main character was dry and witty enough ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Untitled

    The real problem with this, I think, is the pacing. It seems rushed. The beginning started off well: good descriptions, etc. But it seemed to speed right up from there, ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My very short simple story

    If I may ask--why did you rate this as "R"? It certainly doesn't seem to me to contain any adult content. And perhaps this would be better suited in the ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: One of Those Dark Nights (Pretty short, comments welcome!)

    Beautiful. Brilliant. Bewitching. Beauteous. ((How many more adjectives starting with the letter "B" do you think I can come up with to describe this piece? :D )) I am very ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Saratoga National Historical Park w/pictures!

    Ugh. *Shutters* Lovely visual there, but interesting nonetheless. Isn't it great how some of the most intriguing things are the most bizarre and/or disgusting? :)

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: saturday night

    You make me want to give your main character a big hug and tell him it will all get better eventually. And I want to punch Elena in the face. ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Saratoga National Historical Park w/pictures!

    Really nice pictures, fishr! It's interesting about the drums--I didn't know that, but it makes sense, obviously. Because how would anyone hear over the cannons? Your posts are like a ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A really rough start... But would you read it if refined.

    Please keep in mind im only 15, Please don't say that again. Most here will think this being your first writing post is more important than your age. Exactly! I ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey, Not sure I should be here but here goes...

    As others have suggested: PM me if you have any questions or need any critiques, and I'll be happy to help! Can't wait to see your work around the site! ...

    Oct 12, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: The Good, the Bad and the Inbetweens

    A great thing to keep in mind when doing a crit, Jack. I find that too often I'm in category number three, but I'm trying to focus more on the ...

    Oct 11, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Greetings from Cooltown.

    Welcome! It's great to have new members--PM me if you have any questions or anything of the sort, kay? ;) --Cassandra

    Oct 11, 2006
  • Randomosity Archive Re: This word reminds me of...

    drone

    Oct 11, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Saratoga National Historical Park w/pictures!

    Gorgeous pics, Fishr! Can't wait to see the other ones once you get them developed. Glad to see you had fun as well! :D

    Oct 10, 2006


In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter