-
Re: Hey.....Im new!
Woo hoo! I get to be the first one to welcome you! ;) So yeah. Welcome, welcome, welcome to YWS! What kind of stuff do you like to write? PM ...
Oct 27, 2006 -
Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!
Jack--I have my first eleven chapters outlined, mostly using the pre-notes method found at Snoink's website, minus the "Purpose" category, because this is NaNo, of course! From there, I have ...
Oct 27, 2006 -
Re: Conversation help please
The characters don't always have to give a farewell...perhaps they're cut off, and can't finish their conversation? Oh, the drama! Or maybe one character is so angry they walk off ...
Oct 27, 2006 -
Re: Any Exceptional Books About Writing?
It doesn't really teach you to write, but I love Building Believable Characters by Marc McCutcheon. I'm not sure if it's still in print anymore; I got it two years ...
Oct 27, 2006 -
Re: The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
I read this short story in a creative writing course I took last summer, and I must say, it quickly became one of my favorites. Read The Lottery and discuss! ...
Oct 27, 2006 -
Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!
Oh, and don't think you'll get a preview of the ending by sucking up, Claudette! Not in a million years! XD But I still need to work out some kinks ...
Oct 27, 2006 -
Re: Character Answer Game
Soon. --Charon Peacefully, while lying in my bed, perhaps in the arms of a lovely man... --Florence Helene Do you have a hard time focusing/are you distracted easily?
Oct 27, 2006 -
Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!
Bwahaha. Cassandra just came up with an ending, or has come pretty close to it. Isn't it great when inspiration strikes you at the most unexpected, inopportune moments? I should ...
Oct 27, 2006 -
Re: Character Answer Game
I imagine they think, "Oh, another French girl." But I am trying to improve! Americans have such a funny way of speaking... --Florence Helene Are you a messy person, or ...
Oct 26, 2006 -
Re: need some help
Hey, Spiral, and welcome! It's pretty cool here...you critique others' work, then post some of your own and get some feedback. I think you'll find that if you asked a ...
Oct 26, 2006 -
Re: letters from your characters
Cassandra: I know you're not really interested in what I've got to say in this story--that much is obvious from the amount of time you've spent figuring out Florence Helene's ...
Oct 26, 2006 -
Re: Coca Cola
As Elizabeth and Mattie have said, there's definitely this eerie feeling I get when reading this, which is good! That means you used the words in this to make the ...
Oct 26, 2006 -
Re: Halloween Theme For YWS Light
I had no idea what you were talking about, Snoink...I was just like, "What is she on...?" But then I went and looked at the forums (usually I just do ...
Oct 26, 2006 -
Re: NaNoWriMo Novel Status!
Like Dusky, I'm done my planning. I mean, I'm not actually fully planned--I have no idea what happens after chapter eleven or so--but I've done all the planning I'm going ...
Oct 26, 2006 -
Re: Halloween Theme For YWS Light
I love the logo--pretty nifty. And the pumpkins and stars! Wow, Nate! You've really done a great job! ^.^
Oct 26, 2006
