User avatar

Cassandra

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey

    Hi there, and welcome! PM me if you have any questions, and I'll be sure to help. ;-)

    Dec 2, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Instead of said, you can use......

    I believe Trident is talking about this: Pretty handy, no? But really, going on what trident said, you don't have to say "he said" after every line of dialouge. You ...

    Dec 2, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'm popping your bubble wrap

    Hey, and welcome to YWS! Though it probably wasn't a good idea to make your welcome message R rated... ;) PM me if you have any questions or need a ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Nothing, same as usual. --Charon What is the weather currently like where you're at?

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Not so much sleepy as bored. --Charon A bit tired, yes, but the day's only half over! --Florence Helene What's one disease or other medical mishap that would seriously change ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: It's Over!

    Snazzy idea, Nate...I just have to finish the novel first! :roll:

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Instead of said, you can use......

    Or.... You could just use said. Because it's all pretty and sparkly like that. Too many substitutes make stuff sound forced, me thinks. ;)

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: Favourite Chrismas Song

    You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch Carol of the Bells O Holy Night--I sang this in church on Christmas Eve once, so now it has a dear space in my ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: So who got a snow day today?

    Yeah. So I just saw the weather and APPARENTLY it's going to rain here. Rain! It's not even going to get that cold! *sigh*

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Influences?

    Everyone's going to hate me for saying it, but the Harry Potter series were the first books that actually inspired me to write and to try writing. As for other ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Continuing the nano...

    Yeah...I definitely need to continue on with this, because I'm nowhere near finished, but it's a good point about the scenes; once you hit 50k, your goal really goes out ...

    Nov 30, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: So who got a snow day today?

    Snoink, that's WARM for November here. XD Yeah. I don't think the cold front is reaching NY until tomorrow, but I haven't heard about any snow, and our superintendent refuses ...

    Nov 30, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Boy in Delhi eaten by herd of pigs.

    Wow. Rabid piggies. O.O But Snoinkus is right, of course--their owner must have neglected them very much for them to be that hungry.

    Nov 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When writing a novel...

    5.) Don't stress it! Don't rush it! Do not have a fit over it. Seriously, it's not life or death, take a few days break. There is nothing worse for ...

    Nov 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Being Nice

    "Hey, I've been there too and I wrote this one really sucky story that tried to use the same thing." Except then you'd, you know, be calling their story sucky ...

    Nov 29, 2006


Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley