User avatar

Cassandra

  • NovMo Archives Re: What we learned...

    --First person is yummy. It gives you the opportunity to ramble. :D --Writing buddies are a huge incentive to keep writing. Yay for competition! --If you try hard enough, you ...

    Dec 4, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    I think it must be natural, because I can't do it. --Florence Helene Practice. At least I think so. Because you have to force yourself to focus, and teach yourself ...

    Dec 4, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Love Song

    That clears it all up then. Pretty cool! And as I said before, your description is so yummy to read! Nice work. :D

    Dec 4, 2006
  • General Articles Re: National Novel Writing Month

    That makes sense--I thought it was lacking something! But I guess I was kind of afraid of adding too much of myself into the article and not enough fact.... Gah. ...

    Dec 4, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Announcing YWS Reviewing Week!

    I'm signing up now, I guess; I wasn't sure before whether I'd be able to, but when I realized it went up to the sixth I thought, why not? So ...

    Dec 4, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Pirates: Chapter One.

    It's fantastic the way you start off with action. Your first sentence hooks the reader right off the bat, which is, of course, key. Glancing around, I was glad to ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Musings of a Statue

    The idea of this is what kept me hooked, most definitely--I mean to say, it kept me thinking, "What the--?" the entire time. But in a good way! ;) The ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Love Song

    First off, your prose and description were beautiful. Apart from the one typo below, I don't have much to pick at. Nice work! Let’s go for a walk” I demanded, ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: high school

    “What’s up,” I say "What's up?" is a questions, so drop the comma and use a question mark instead. Joe is Filipino and a prominent member of the Asian clique ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Sirius Black is Gay (UPDATED!)

    without giving a hippogriffs hindquarters about how I look Nice. XD The two of us made our way painstakingly slowly down the stairs to the common room, pausing before actually ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Nothing to Say

    If you can develop your main character more, you're gold. One thing that this piece lacks is really any emotion. Obviously there's the potential for emotion there, because this is ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: Reviews: Not Enough or Too Many?

    I haven't posted much of my work here, mostly because a lot of it is crap/isn't finished, but the stuff I have posted I've gotten some good reviews on. Of ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • General Articles Re: National Novel Writing Month

    Another article for my school newspaper that desperately needs a more exciting title. Ideas for improvement are more than welcome, and I also would like to know, from you NaNo ...

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Featured Member

    Nice work, Imp! :D

    Dec 3, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Influences?

    Everyone's going to hate me for saying it, but the Harry Potter series were the first books that actually inspired me to write and to try writing. As for other ...

    Dec 2, 2006


Sometimes you don’t need metaphors to feel something breaking
— candyhearts