User avatar

Cassandra

  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Blessed

    So I get to be the first to crit C1? *dances* :D owners of the shed had been friendly enough people; This sounds awkward: I would consider cutting the word ...

    Dec 7, 2006
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Lord of Sipan

    In his right hand, he held the reins of two llamas, beasts the Moche respected and loved for their life-giving capacities. You don't need the first comma in this sentence, ...

    Dec 7, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Critiquing Without Interest

    Mostly, if I start to read something, I'm going to finish it and crit it. Because for me, I don't waste my time reading something that I don't want to ...

    Dec 6, 2006
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate avatars!!!!

    7/10 I liked your old one better, Clau. It was all spiffy and sharp and this one's older and kinda crumbly...and you're not a crumbly person! :D

    Dec 6, 2006
  • Lounge, The Re: Need a crit? Post here!

    It sounds silly, but one thing I have trouble with when critting bothers me before I even begin the review; what to read? I have, I believe, three critiques left ...

    Dec 6, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Sticking With a Story Until the End or Taking a Break?

    Here's something that I've been wondering about for a while. Many people know the feeling: when you get bored with your current project, you start daydreaming about another one you ...

    Dec 6, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Honestly? Probably just one to many kicks when I'm down, so to speak. Once I hit my breaking point...it's bad. I'm bad. -Charon Do you have a significant other? If ...

    Dec 6, 2006
  • NovMo Archives Re: Script Frenzy

    I've never written a script before. Ever. O.O My goodness, that'd be difficult. Most of the words in my 50k were description and other useless stuff!

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Announcing YWS Reviewing Week!

    Three more! I'll squeeze 'em in along with math review and a DBQ...:D

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Randomosity Re: 5K!

    XD I'm almost at 1k! Almost....!

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: .

    I agree with Jennafina about this piece lacking action--this seems like a lot of teenage angst to me. Tears filling my eyes but do you even know. This is a ...

    Dec 5, 2006
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Pirates: Chapter One.

    I know what you mean about POV and tense--I can never really decide. So far I'm liking it the way you have it, but you may decide to change it ...

    Dec 5, 2006
  • General Articles Re: National Novel Writing Month

    Thanks, Kay and Skye! I think I'm going to go through and add more about my experience on the second draft. I'm just not sure which of the factual stuff ...

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi!

    Hey, and welcome to YWS! PM me if you have any questions. :D

    Dec 5, 2006
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    A nice pink, I think. Not too bright, but bright enough to stand out. --Florence Helene Um...gray? --Charon Describe your surroundings at this moment.

    Dec 4, 2006


That comma is load bearing.
— Omni