User avatar

Carmina

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Public, Private, or Home School.

    I am a survivor of 13 years of Catholic education. I'm still recovering. But seriously... From my limited perspective, I make the following statements about the controversy over which is ...

    Aug 19, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Tattoos

    In discussing the issues of tatoos, I am always reminded of a girl I used to know. She got a tatoos of a sun around her belly button. It was ...

    Aug 9, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Goldilocks

    (I haven't posted anything in a while, and haven't written anything either. So, here's something I wrote for a class a while back that I have been tinkering with ever ...

    Aug 7, 2005
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Swearing is NOT allowed - Rule 2 Reinforcement

    Fear of a word does increase its power, but over-use of a word decreases its power. If you only swear when it is a big deal, truly emotional, then the ...

    Aug 3, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Research

    Different needs require different research. I will respond here assuming you mean research for a story/play/poem/novel. I have not written historical fiction yet, so I have not had to worry ...

    Jul 31, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Happy thoughts.

    One of my mom's housecats. They are the most spoiled rotten, lazy, worshipped creatures of all time. Picture it, sleeping 20 hours a day. Massages whenever you want. Treats sneaked ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Ryan Gary Joel's EXCERPT!: The Contract

    I tutored writing and grammar for two years. Your grammar hurts me. You are guilty of the dreaded comma splice. For example: "‘I shall ask you not to joke about ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Removed

    FYI it is not wise to put your full name, phone number and address on the internet. There are crazy people out there. Have you ever had a stalker? Why ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Me, Myself, Carmina

    I never introduced myself when I joined the site back in May, so I guess I'll attempt to remedy that. However, this is the internet so I don't give out ...

    Jul 28, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Allo

    Hugs!!! Welcome. Age is a state of mind baby. 100 is young for an elf.

    Jul 28, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Dirty Poem

    I thought this was a dirty poem, it seems pretty pg to me. I didn't see any stuffed crust pizza in the poem eithor. :wink: Ok, on topic. I liked ...

    Jul 28, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: "In with the Old"

    I like this poem. I really get it. Suggestions: the repetitions are cool as far as motif and unification, however with the length of the poem, it gets a bit ...

    Jul 22, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Nature

    I normally do not like repetition in a poem, although here I don't mind. The repetition of "That is Nature"is like a refrain. That works alright. Some suggestions. For clarification, ...

    Jul 21, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: The Hater

    There are people like this; yes, that is true. As for the actual poem I have some suggestions. It is such a short poem, I do not recommend repeating words. ...

    Jul 21, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi, I'm new

    Welcome to the site. It's not too scary here. Most of us are pretty nice. Ignore the rest of us. :wink:

    Jul 15, 2005


When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind