User avatar

Carmina

  • Official Polls Re: How'd You Find YWS?

    I blame Hunter.

    Oct 6, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: "Portraits" I can't fix it if no one comments on i

    (This is another story I''ve been kicking around for a while. I promise to write something new eventually. :) ) Portraits The masks watched her with impassive, blind stares. They ...

    Oct 6, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: :::jumping up and down to get your attention::: Read Please!

    I like the structure. You have some great imagery. Such a sad tone. Question: What is a "should-high hello"? The last full stanza is a nice ending to the poem, ...

    Oct 6, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Made in perversion of His image (Creationists beware)

    Only nit-pick I have is that you say "And arms, to grasp at anything- " before you say, "I plucked out hands to create the New". I thought the hands ...

    Sep 29, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: An exercise in line breaks- tell me what you think

    I agree this poem is stronger at the beginning than at the end, but I don't know what I would change. I like how it is about jogging, or at ...

    Sep 29, 2005
  • Official Polls Re: What was your first story about?

    I wrote my first story when I was four. It was how my mom taught me to read and write. I dictated a story and she showed me what the ...

    Sep 1, 2005
  • Information Desk Archive Re: JustGoat.com

    Being over the age of 18 and feeling out of place, I think a sister-site geared towards the older demographic is a great idea. I'm not sure about that name ...

    Aug 31, 2005
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Signature Above You.

    4/10 for the first one because I'm not big on public displays of religion. Just a personal thing; I mean no offense. 8/10 for the second. I like that quote.

    Aug 31, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: I am Empress Kat... who are you?

    Hunter is good at recruiting people to this website isn't he? He recruited me too. Welcome Empress Kat.

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: I wrote a poem?

    Congrats on sharing your poetry. I'll try to be gentle with you. I applaud your use of multi-syllabic words and getting them to rhyme. You have a very scructured rhyme, ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: Your Fantasy Wedding (or real)

    Thanks Snoink

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: Your Fantasy Wedding (or real)

    I am getting married in less than three weeks. It is going to be outside in a garden. My pastor and my Aunt (who is a deacon) are performing the ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: "Affirmations" A character sketch

    (This is just a brief scene with a character who came to me in the middle of spin class. It isn't really a story yet, but its a start) Affirmations ...

    Aug 28, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Title pending poll. Wow, this was cathartic.

    Ignore Incandescence. I liked it. It's punchy. I can picture the speaker doing one of those angry head rolls like the chicks on Springer. Sorry, poetry makes me think of ...

    Aug 27, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Poem--"To the weak it's the End"

    Ok, the visual I got from this may be totally nuts, and I know it isn't what you were writing about, but... I pictured like two soldiers and one is ...

    Aug 25, 2005


Anne felt that life was really not worth living without puffed sleeves.
— L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables