Random avatar

Cameron

  • Lyric Poetry Re: I'm no Superhero

    I’m no Superman And I don’t have wings. Neither does Superman. Try balancing your ryhmes out more, and remember that the words themselves always, repeat always, take precedence over ryhming. ...

    Mar 20, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: The New Kid

    While writing down whatever pops into your mind may be liberating and therapeutic, it has to be done effectively to be considered poetry. As this stands now, it isn't much ...

    Mar 20, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Michelangelo

    Hopefully these changes at least help the flow of the poem, and perhaps make it slightly less tedious. Colleen, the sixth of March was the day that Michelangelo was born. ...

    Mar 14, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Michelangelo

    Today the sixth of March, the rushing Tiber staggers ‘cross the rocky mountain groves and moves towards the somber valley of Casentino. Artistic talent wielded in his hand, he wrought ...

    Mar 13, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Yellow Pages

    In response to your PM: Here, where the weather seldom matches the name of the town, I look skyward and wonder what lies beyond the clouds. I wonder if I ...

    Mar 7, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Human Trafficking

    I've modified my approach to the topic, and while it still might be lacking the "wow" factor, I hope it is a step in the right direction. Your thoughts?

    Mar 4, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Human Trafficking

    You offer a quick nod to the passer-by; your humanity obliged to acknowledge the humanity in another. Racing down florescent subway tunnels, you divert your eyes to watch the flicker ...

    Mar 4, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Yellow Pages

    The first-person style you've incorporated makes the poem seem slightly sophomoric. I found that it fluctuated too much between insightful contemplations and "I thinks". This not only demotes from the

    Mar 4, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: In the Quiet Places

    The thing with poetry is that punctuation is flexible. Punctuation and format is all an instrument used to better convey your message, your metaphors, etc, etc. The lack of capitualization ...

    Feb 28, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: In the Quiet Places

    The discomfited fidgeting in my hand, the twitch as my fingers rub the door frame, five times too many, five times too many, five times too many. and again. While ...

    Feb 26, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Missed Calls

    In the hush of long distance, I offered up my bouquet of clumsy words before the final click, and Hopefully, this stanza at least partially prepares the reader for the ...

    Feb 26, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Unspoken

    My father steps into the room sideways as if we are passing each other in a tight space. Maybe, "My father steps sideways into the room", otherwise you should place ...

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Missed Calls

    Thanks everyone for the input. I've incorporated some slight revisions, and will probably add more as they occur to me. I think I will leave the format as is, though. ...

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Dollar Coins

    Way to follow up on our Canadian ways. Anywho, it worked for us; it should work for you Americans too ;).

    Feb 24, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Missed Calls

    You were never more than a hang up on the answering machine; a missed call, a series of mechanical bleeps and blurbs, compelled to voice by the prompting of my ...

    Feb 24, 2007


There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.
— Maya Angelou