User avatar

BustedFlush

  • Media Reviews Re: World War Z

    Has anyone read World War Z? It follows a journalist going around the world after a global battle against zombies. He interviews a wide variety of people. Its pretty in ...

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Historical Fiction

    Any Bernard Cornwell or Patrick O'Brian book will be an excellent read

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: No Country for Old Men / The Road

    In The Road I found the little boy and his father's relationship to be the only good thing in a world full of murderers and cannibals. The whole time I ...

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey everybody

    Its been awhile since I have submitted anything to YWS so I thought I would reintroduce myself. Hopefully I can make up for lost time. :wink: I'm in college now ...

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Romantic Novels Re: Love for the Country (chapter 1)

    The river moved through the forest like a vein winding through an arm. The colors contrasted each other, the trees being a mixture of greens while the river was a ...

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Official Polls Re: YWS Needs A Mascot!

    I think an owl would be a good choice.

    May 2, 2006
  • General Articles Re: Immigration Scapegoat

    Americans could not live the same way without the immigrants. We depend on their low wages so we can profit more like we did with slaves. Mexicans are almost like ...

    May 2, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Surviving a Skiing Disaster

    Not really but I was knocked out in the woods while skiing and had to find my way to a trail without any skis. I wrote it quickly I didn't ...

    Apr 1, 2006
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Surviving a Skiing Disaster

    I woke up buried in snow that covered my whole body. My left leg seemed to be broken because when I tried to move I felt a sharp pain in ...

    Mar 30, 2006
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: THE WAR OF E-13 (was One o them war stories) NEW BEGINNING

    It was a very good story, but you left why the war was being fought.

    Mar 30, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Amanda

    She was on target on about everything. It would have been nice if you had not rushed the ending.

    Mar 30, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Conflict With a Confounding Relationship

    I was just a sophomore no more than sixteen years old. I was living in a small town named Middleton. It was summer time and I was holding down a ...

    Mar 28, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Best Books

    1. The Sun also Rises by Hemingway 2. The Hobbit by Tolkien 3. The Teeth of the Tiger by Clancy 4. The Black Tulip by Milt Bearden 5. To Have ...

    Mar 27, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: What do you use when writing?

    I prefer using pen. More than once my computer has frozen in the middle of a story.

    Mar 24, 2006
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: I will always love her

    Thanks for the advice. I did my research now and I definately know what I did wrong. I have written another story kind of like this one. But this time ...

    Mar 17, 2006


For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle