Random avatar

BrokenSword

  • Short Story » Fanfiction, General Re: Entering Writing Contest

    Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if I should post it in the literary section since it's only a piece of a story. If someone wants to move it, feel free. ...

    May 3, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Eragon

    I was watching this video on Amazon of Paolini talking about eldest and where he gets his "inspirations" from. He talks about how living in Paradise Valley "made" Eragon and ...

    May 2, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Phantom of the Opera?

    The Opera Ghost wasn't technically real, but there were rumors while the Opera was being built in the 1860s. There is a true story of a man who helped work ...

    May 1, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: The YWS Recent Books List Nominations

    Christine by Stephen King Cold Mountain by Charles Fraizer

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Two Paces Wide, Four Paces Long.

    I don't know any German...well, apart from "hende hoch" "sprechen sie deutch" and "schnell" which I couldn't very well put in. :wink: :roll: And I don't know how to spell ...

    Feb 26, 2007
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Bull Run

    Hi again, Jess, I got most of my information from my favorite history book series called "A History of Us" by Joy Hakim. I read the books like novels, they ...

    Feb 26, 2007
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Bull Run

    Wow, thanks for the constructive critisism, Jess. It was very helpful. I did research weapons used in the Civil War at the time, but I refrained from putting too much ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Bull Run

    First thing I noticed were the women and children at the charge[?], would they have been allowed there? Didn’t the men say goodbye at home? Hello Myth, The first Battle ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Counting the Words for Snow

    Amazing, excellent writing. The only thing I can say here is that I wish it were longer. Please continue, you have a beautiful style.

    Feb 23, 2007


Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford