Random avatar

BrokenSword

  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    What's wrong with focusing too much on dialogue? Conversations and interactions are what makes a story. Well, I've had someone tell me that I needed to cut back in dialogue ...

    May 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    I focus too much on dialogue Write a play. You know, I've thought about that, and it's kind of odd that I have never written a play, because as a ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Forget Grammar Advice (Not this one!)

    I actually do not have good grasp on grammar terms at all. I know what a noun is and a verb, I have a hard time remembering what an adjective ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    Well, usually my writing helps me out of my depression. But lately I've been seeing how much I phail at writing compared to the other fantastic works I read and ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Music & Writing

    This is an older topic, but I thought it was interesting. It's hard for me to write when I'm listening to music that has lyrics in it. Otherwise, I start ...

    Mar 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Ahhh! Too many ideas! *brain explodes* - A guide

    I think I have this problem. I've started 3 stories, but none of them have been finished yet (and I already put them up on FFN!) I started one, it ...

    Mar 5, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Losing Motivation

    OK, thanks for the responses. I haven't written more to that story for a long time--6 months--but I've decided to put it on hold until I feel more motivated to ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Losing Motivation

    Hi all, it's been a while since I stopped by. I have a question. I started a story on FFN, it's 42 chapters long so far. It was really my ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Alphasmart

    I would love to have one of those. The only thing I think that might bug me is the tiny screen. I like to see as much of my work ...

    Jul 17, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    I didn't know this but apparently... American: Pedophile English: Paedophile

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Research Re: Prostitutes, Lovers, Marriage, and all that fun stuff...

    What age is a reasonable age for marriage? I would say that early to mid teens would be the earliest age, but I don't disapprove of older people getting married. ...

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Research Re: Gay Rights in America during the early 1900's

    "From the looks of it, it seems that homosexuality was not punishable or illegal at that time (I skimmed through the article)." Yeah, right. Sodomy laws still exist in many ...

    May 31, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Sureal Tiptoeing into the World of Short Story Publishing

    Very interesting. I also plan on publishing short stories at some point, maybe to help make a few extra bucks while I am in college. I don't have enough experience ...

    May 28, 2007
  • Research Re: Gay Rights in America during the early 1900's

    I don't know if you're still looking for help on this, but here's something that might help: From the looks of it, it seems that homosexuality was not punishable or ...

    May 27, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: The Parental Issue!

    I think sometimes the reason that some people don't want to show their writing to others is because writing to them is like putting their private thoughts and ideas on ...

    May 27, 2007


Maybe what most people wanted wasn't immortality and fame, but the reassurance that their existence had meant something. No matter how long... or how brief. Maybe being eternal meant becoming a story worth telling.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality