Random avatar

BrokenSword

  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    A short, cartoon-like character with large round ears and a high-pitched voice. France Esham (male)

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    It looks like Nymph. Quiet, a little tall with porcelain skin and chocolate hair. She has an Asian complexion and wears green. Mr. Paddock

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Don't know if it is male or female, but...a tough Southwestern girl with curly hair and a sailor mouth. She falls for a soft-spoken poet, and is not used to ...

    Apr 19, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The YWS Recent Books List Nominations

    Christine by Stephen King Cold Mountain by Charles Fraizer

    Apr 18, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 100 Outrage!!

    i personally think that that list is entirly wrong and anyone who discredits poalini's work is just jealous that he was so succesful in a time of 3 years and ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: When do you write?

    I can only write when I know I'm not restricted by time and I'm completely relaxed, so I usually write most on the weekends.

    Apr 16, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Which authors/books do you hate?

    I used to be a big HP fan, but I've grown out of it since, and now that I re-read the books, J.K. Rowling has an incredibly bland writing style. ...

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Well, it doesn't give me a hint as to what it's about. There are dozens of genres that long stories or short stories could be. The book would have to ...

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Where does my story go?

    What about a romance entwined with horror?

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    A modern Robin Hood. Green eyes, blond hair, tall, adventurous. Sometimes he can be a smart aleck. Never backs down from a fight. France (male)

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    A young witch, maybe, new in the art of magic. She strives to become more like the elder witches, but falls in love, which is forbidden among her sisters. Julius ...

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: First Paragraph Feedback

    Sounds very interesting. I want to know more about the ghostly visitors that Ian seems to have often. I would probably put descriptions of the bedroom in, though. Maybe the ...

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    A young man who owns a dragon and works magic. He's inexperienced in it, but likes to teach himself new tricks anyway. Independent and adventurous, though he harbors secret fears. ...

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Perhaps he belongs to a tribe of some sort, and is either a strong leader or a warrior. Tarnish (male)

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: People Watching

    Wow, I've never thought of writing down what I see when I people watch (and I do it all the time). What a great idea. I want to start doing ...

    Apr 14, 2007


You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time