Random avatar

BrokenSword

  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds like someone has insomnia. What could be keeping him/her awake? I might scan the back to see what it's all about. Soldier's Ghost

    Feb 25, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds interesting, like a crime story. How could kissing ever be illegal? The title would make me pick the book off the shelf and see what it's about. Pressed Roses

    Feb 24, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Mysterious Characters who DON'T wear cloaks

    If they have to wear a cloak, I make everyone else wear cloaks. That way it doesn't seem so bizarre to only have the mysterious character wear a cloak :P

    Feb 24, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: At what age did you start writing and

    I started reading by myself at age five. I wrote my first ever story at around age 9. It was about two cats who built a boat and went sailing. ...

    Feb 24, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Bull Run

    Wow, thanks for the constructive critisism, Jess. It was very helpful. I did research weapons used in the Civil War at the time, but I refrained from putting too much ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Catholic Church fights gay adoption rules

    Mmmm....I don't know. I'm Catholic, and I understand the Church's position on homosexuality, but as for adopting, I am sort of stuck as to say whether I agree with it ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Titles

    Sometimes I take the atmosphere of the story and twist it into an interesting title. Or, sometimes, I just put the subject of the story as the title; for instance, ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Man Fined For Playing with his Toy Car

    Awww :( ...this makes me kind of sad for the guy, LOL.

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'm new, obviously...

    Hi! I'm new as well. Hope to see you around the site. I think your avatar is hilarious! :lol:

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Thirteen Moons by Charles Fraizer, an amazing book so far.

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: How fast can you type?

    I wouldn't call that a very accurate picture of my typing skills actually. I'm rather bad at copying things, and have a lower accuracy at something like that, versus what ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Ways to get ideas of what to write

    London isn't always foggy and we call 'trash can' dustbin or rubbish bin. But that is a good way to get things started. LOL...shows how much I know, doesn't it? ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: My Photography

    Thank you so much :D And yes, it is all digital. I use a Canon Rebel XT.

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Bull Run

    First thing I noticed were the women and children at the charge[?], would they have been allowed there? Didn’t the men say goodbye at home? Hello Myth, The first Battle ...

    Feb 23, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Ways to get ideas of what to write

    Sometimes writing any words that come to my mind help me to get over a case of writer's block or to help me start writing a new story. For instance, ...

    Feb 23, 2007


You cannot have an opponent if you keep saying yes.
— Richard Siken