Random avatar

BrokenSword

  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Entering Writing Contest

    Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if I should post it in the literary section since it's only a piece of a story. If someone wants to move it, feel free. ...

    May 3, 2007
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Entering Writing Contest

    Hello, There is a literature contest going on at my school, and I'm going to enter in three categories (one chapter from a novel in progress, an original short story, ...

    May 3, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Eragon

    I was watching this video on Amazon of Paolini talking about eldest and where he gets his "inspirations" from. He talks about how living in Paradise Valley "made" Eragon and ...

    May 2, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Phantom of the Opera?

    The Opera Ghost wasn't technically real, but there were rumors while the Opera was being built in the 1860s. There is a true story of a man who helped work ...

    May 1, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: A Collection of Short Stories

    This has been on my mind for a while, and I am very curious to see if anyone has ever published a collection of their own short stories and if ...

    Apr 30, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Pseudonyms/using fake names online...good or bad?

    Not really. When you're very young, it's good to be told not to give out ANY information, just to be completely safe. When you're older, you are more aware of ...

    Apr 30, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Phantom of the Opera?

    I LOVED Leroux's Phantom. It's one of my favorite books of all time. I read it before I saw the show and I became obsessed with the story (still am). ...

    Apr 30, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Eragon

    Okay, so I finally found a copy of Eragon in my house and attempted to read it, to see if it was more understandable than Eldest. It isn't. It is ...

    Apr 29, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Ooh, I like it. A murder in a theater, during a performance, either backstage or onstage. Definitely a pick-up. I'm going to try this title again, because I really do ...

    Apr 28, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: First Paragraph Feedback

    It's good; but for some reason, it sounds a little empty, and I feel somewhat lost when I read it, like something else happened right before that that I needed ...

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: The Secret of the Broken Sword

    Hi all, As you probably know, I've been hanging around this board for a little while, but I don't think anyone really knows much about me. Well, if you do ...

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    A mentally retarded man who struggles to live a normal life in a prejudiced world. Love at First Sightless

    Apr 26, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'm reading The Once and Future King by T.H. White in English right now, and I hate it. I've resorted to Spark Notes because the storyline is extremely hard to ...

    Apr 26, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Map Maker

    Ooh! I like it. It reminds me of Sweeney Todd. For some reason, I'd like to see the introduction to the story written from Tim's POV instead of Phyllis'. I ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    A fantasy set in the middle east? Perhaps a society that lives underwater in the ocean. The Maestro

    Apr 22, 2007


The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet