Random avatar

BrokenSword

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: What do you think? Just a short piece.

    I really liked this. Your writing style is engaging and I was interested in the story from the start. Crowds of grief stricken parents surrounded the car This kind of ...

    Jun 3, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: My Photography

    Done and done! :) I only have one relatively new picture.

    Jun 1, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Black and White Photos

    Hello again! Your photos are quite nice, and you definitely have an eye. #1: I LOVE it. It has an old-fashioned feel, and the spokes of the ferris wheel draw ...

    Jun 1, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Dos Fotos

    I really like the first one with the ships. The light is shining through the sails and creates a nice effect. I don't really like the second one. The flash ...

    Jun 1, 2007
  • Research Re: Gay Rights in America during the early 1900's

    "From the looks of it, it seems that homosexuality was not punishable or illegal at that time (I skimmed through the article)." Yeah, right. Sodomy laws still exist in many ...

    May 31, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: My Photography

    Thanks for the comments/suggestions. The 2nd picture from New York is busy, but I kind of wanted it to have that feel. New York is never totally peaceful, and I ...

    May 29, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: finishing stories

    I usually just force myself to keep writing until I'm done, and then go back later to revise it (heavily.)

    May 29, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Rebecca

    Thanks so much!! I knew a lot was missing from this piece or needed to be fixed, I just didn't know what. Thanks again, I really needed those suggestions.

    May 29, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Sureal Tiptoeing into the World of Short Story Publishing

    Very interesting. I also plan on publishing short stories at some point, maybe to help make a few extra bucks while I am in college. I don't have enough experience ...

    May 28, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Mac vs. PC

    You can get a two-button mouse and still right click. Otherwise, it's ctrl+click (if I remember).

    May 28, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey...

    Hi! Welcome to YWS! :)

    May 28, 2007
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Rebecca

    Prologue A young woman ran along a damp dirt road between the dripping hickories, hard legs pumping evenly, her breath coming in small frosty clouds. Racing the sunrise. One slim ...

    May 28, 2007
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: The Black Cobra: Chapter 1

    Whoops! Sorry bout that :)

    May 27, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Table Rock Photography

    Thanks for resizing! :wink: #1: The flower needs to be shifted more into the center, and I would tilt the camera vertically. I like the fringe on the petals and ...

    May 27, 2007
  • Research Re: Gay Rights in America during the early 1900's

    I don't know if you're still looking for help on this, but here's something that might help: From the looks of it, it seems that homosexuality was not punishable or ...

    May 27, 2007


Knowledge is power.
— Francis Bacon