User avatar

Brian

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Approaching The Singularity...

    If I were you Qi, I would've actually read that article. Maybe you don't know this, but John Tierney does not work for Wal-Mart, and he isn't your normal "Wal-Mart ...

    Sep 22, 2005
  • Official Polls Re: My Favorite Form Is...

    I wonder if some people are confused about what is a short story. A short story is any story under 10,000 words, though you usually refer to a story under ...

    Sep 21, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Approaching The Singularity...

    Every empire at the pinacle of it's grandure has spectacularly crumbled to dust. I expect nothing less of the United States, and any who follow. That has absolutely nothing to ...

    Sep 21, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Christian Debate and Discussion

    Galatea, I was not thinking of you when I wrote that.

    Sep 16, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Christian Debate and Discussion

    The semetic God and the Christian God are slightly different. The semetic God is beyond the values and judgements of human beings as Qi said. But the Christian God is ...

    Sep 16, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are humans just animals?

    Like I've said before, the only thing humans have is our intelligence. But there are other, nearly as intelligent, creatures (once again, monkeys come to mind). An ape could be ...

    Sep 16, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Life and Death

    There is a philosophical theory that what drives human progress is the subconcious knowledge that we don't have much time. As the theory goes, if we were somehow able to ...

    Sep 9, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Christian Debate and Discussion

    While it is most certainly true that the leaders of the early church adapted or changed some teachings in order to garner more believers, I still do not put much ...

    Sep 9, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite Ancient Civilization

    So what's your favorite ancient civilization, and why? My favorite is by far Rome, with particular regard to the time of the Roman Republic from about 150 BC to 27 ...

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: NO RIP TYWC

    Last time I checked over there, which was a while ago, TYWC had a six month wait for poems... I didn't even bother to check for stories. The code behind ...

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Best Economic System

    All the other debates bore me (for the moment), so I made this one. So to begin, here's a quick run-down of some economic systems (albeit not all) that are ...

    Mar 21, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: February Predictions

    Wow, I remember when this site only had two users and every single post was Nate babbling about rules and how much he likes riddles. I bet YWS will have ...

    Feb 27, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Right to Justify Your Actions

    IF Michael Jackson did abuse a child, then there is no justification. He has no sympathy from me. Genetic and environmental factors are a bunch of bs; everyone is able ...

    Feb 27, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What religion are you?

    I'm Catholic and went to a Catholic school for most of my life thus far. The Catholic Church is the original Church, and all other Christian faiths stem from the ...

    Feb 15, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What religion are you?

    I was talking to a friend today and while we were talking, I found that he did not know anything about Catholicism. He knew that there was a Pope and ...

    Feb 15, 2005


Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.