User avatar

Brian

  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Chapter 2 of Beggining of a Novel

    As a note, you should always provide the reader with a summary of what has happened before when posting a chapter 2. Had to go back and reread chapter 1, ...

    Dec 14, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A horrible place, this old house. (Over 16 Only)

    If it's 'over 16 only,' the rating shouldn't be 'G' ;) You got a good story going here built up with a lot of imagery, and I would've liked to ...

    Dec 14, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Piecing it Together

    "I’ve never even met these people and I’m supposed high school living at their place? " It's not good to start a story with a very noticeable error! You're missing ...

    Dec 14, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Prince of Brooklyn

    It's interesting from the insane asylum point of view, but I found it a bit boring, and too jumpy. You go from one scene to the next without any real ...

    Dec 14, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Karl vs. the Kids

    Great job with diction; you brought the character alive without having to bore us to death over some inane details such as "Joe really liked to play the flute once, ...

    Dec 14, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Know what else really grinds my gears?

    Don't see how you can absolutely hate it when for nearly your entire membership you ignored anything else besides the debate forum, but it's nice to see you're take a ...

    Dec 14, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Member of the Week 12/5- 12/12

    Thank you all :D

    Dec 5, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex, Politics, and Religion

    Smart saying, but it makes for boring conversations. Some of my favorite conversations that I've ever had have been at 2 a.m. in the morning arguing with my roommate about ...

    Dec 5, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: The Proverbial Carrot

    Firstly, thank you Muse for bring this poem back up to the top. Might have missed it otherwise... Every stanza is different and seemingly has very little do with the ...

    Dec 5, 2005
  • Scripts Re: Robby

    One thing I forgot... While the dialogue was a bit stale, I loved the voices that you gave the characters. You gave them a distinct way of sounding without describing ...

    Dec 5, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Hidden emotion- Comments wanted please!

    To capitilize the 'I' or not to; that is the question your poem presents! Go with one or the other, but don't go with both. My suggestion: capitalize all 'I's.' ...

    Dec 5, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Unmistakable

    You need to decide whether to use punctuation or not. You are using commas very sparingly, and it's confusing why you choose to use a comma in one place, but ...

    Dec 5, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: This War

    Gotta be patient ;) Sometimes it can take a couple days to get a review, but a review will come. There are many here who specifically only review those works ...

    Dec 5, 2005
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Victorian Life/Untitled: Writing Practice

    " I should tell you that I am a thief, a regular thief as the Borough men and women would have said." You should replace the comma with a semi-colon. ...

    Dec 5, 2005
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Horses- Beautiful and Terrible

    It's short, and it needs more fleshing out, but it's good. Your diction is pretty good, and your sentence structure is generally well done. There is one sentence that stuck ...

    Dec 5, 2005


What about the chicken, Jack?
— David Letterman