-
Re: Christian Debate and Discussion
Galatea, I was not thinking of you when I wrote that.
Sep 16, 2005 -
Re: Christian Debate and Discussion
The semetic God and the Christian God are slightly different. The semetic God is beyond the values and judgements of human beings as Qi said. But the Christian God is ...
Sep 16, 2005 -
Re: Are humans just animals?
Like I've said before, the only thing humans have is our intelligence. But there are other, nearly as intelligent, creatures (once again, monkeys come to mind). An ape could be ...
Sep 16, 2005 -
Re: Life and Death
There is a philosophical theory that what drives human progress is the subconcious knowledge that we don't have much time. As the theory goes, if we were somehow able to ...
Sep 9, 2005 -
Re: Christian Debate and Discussion
While it is most certainly true that the leaders of the early church adapted or changed some teachings in order to garner more believers, I still do not put much ...
Sep 9, 2005 -
Re: George Bush Fans
It's best to just ignore, or laugh at, psylynx :) I thought this joke was pretty funny. Of course, I think it applies to all politicians :P
Mar 21, 2005 -
Re: Favorite Ancient Civilization
So what's your favorite ancient civilization, and why? My favorite is by far Rome, with particular regard to the time of the Roman Republic from about 150 BC to 27 ...
Mar 21, 2005 -
Re: NO RIP TYWC
Last time I checked over there, which was a while ago, TYWC had a six month wait for poems... I didn't even bother to check for stories. The code behind ...
Mar 21, 2005 -
Re: another cyber relationship
I thought that this was really, really good. Your descriptions (e.g., pixelated) and word choice (e.g., ostentatious) are well done and add significantly to the overall feel of the poem. ...
Mar 21, 2005 -
Re: Things Not Seen
I would get rid of: "with my skin all black and blue." Prior to this line, everything seemed rather poetic and eloquent, but this line made it trivial. It's also ...
Mar 21, 2005 -
Re: If This is the lesson, where's the Teacher?
I agree with Liz on the commas thing; you don't always need a comma at the end of a line, and too many will detract from the poem. There's a ...
Mar 21, 2005 -
Re: Silent Kisses. (13+)
I think you'll get a lot more critiques if you take the time to space out the paragraphs. Firstly, get rid of the chapters. There's no need for them in ...
Mar 21, 2005 -
Re: Hourglass
I like the way you opened it up; it definitely grabbed my attention and made want to read more. You also kept my attention all the way through, no easy ...
Mar 21, 2005 -
Re: Best Economic System
All the other debates bore me (for the moment), so I made this one. So to begin, here's a quick run-down of some economic systems (albeit not all) that are ...
Mar 21, 2005 -
Re: February Predictions
Wow, I remember when this site only had two users and every single post was Nate babbling about rules and how much he likes riddles. I bet YWS will have ...
Feb 27, 2005
