User avatar

Brian

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: the materialist

    I think you mean "upholstery" instead of "apolstery." If I were to use one word to describe this poem, it would be "creeeeeeeeeepy." Perhaps this is a poem about a ...

    Nov 19, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: foliage

    The first stanza makes sense, and so does the last. But the middle two I can't make heads or tails out of. Why is the little boy crying? Is it ...

    Nov 19, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Death of a Novelist

    Yes, fix that one sentence. I have no idea what you're trying to say with it; in part because of the atrocious grammar in that sentence. What drew me in ...

    Nov 19, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: keep still

    The London Bridge reference is quite abrupt and odd. I can kind of see why you added it in, but it only serves to detract from the poem. The imagery ...

    Nov 19, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Broken heart

    Aye, I thought it was supposed to be humorous as well. That comes from the rhyming scheme and the quick pace of the poem. To slow it down, get rid ...

    Nov 19, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Repose

    You're from India? That's awesome! YWS is really becoming international rather than just American, which is a really good thing. Anyways... I really liked your story. There were some issues ...

    Nov 19, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Ironic

    The tone is inconsistent. You utilize a lot of short sentences, but you keep on switching back to long ones. That's not a bad thing, but the tone you're striving ...

    Nov 19, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Liberalism and Conservatism

    The war in Iraq resonates somewhat with a)The 17th century witch trials and b)The Mcarthy witch trials. Saddam refused to accept the fact he had WMD, consequently the US(Bush) went ...

    Oct 22, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Liberalism and Conservatism

    Well Griffinkeeper there is a lot of evil dictators over in Africa that are harboring terrorists to. Well the leader of North Korea is a threat to American Safety. He ...

    Oct 22, 2005
  • Randomosity Re: Favorite YWS Member

    freakforchrist is my favorite. Sixth person to sign up, and still not a single post.

    Oct 11, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Bush's grades at university

    Trust me when I say that Nate is way too stupid to ever run for President. Anybody who routinely dances with a broom and a straw hat while singing to ...

    Sep 30, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: A simple request, all, please listen.

    It's very... open-minded. Why can't we talk about New Orleans? It's my favorite state! I guess open-minded and a good education don't go together where you live? To assume that ...

    Sep 23, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Approaching The Singularity...

    If I were you Qi, I would've actually read that article. Maybe you don't know this, but John Tierney does not work for Wal-Mart, and he isn't your normal "Wal-Mart ...

    Sep 22, 2005
  • Official Polls Re: My Favorite Form Is...

    I wonder if some people are confused about what is a short story. A short story is any story under 10,000 words, though you usually refer to a story under ...

    Sep 21, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Approaching The Singularity...

    Every empire at the pinacle of it's grandure has spectacularly crumbled to dust. I expect nothing less of the United States, and any who follow. That has absolutely nothing to ...

    Sep 21, 2005


You wake up in the morning and it feels impossible? Good. You do it anyway.
— Martin Scorcese