User avatar

Blues

Blues

  • Writers Corner Re: Gender & POVs

    A few years ago, someone once told the POV character that a piece I'd written -- in first person, from the perspective of a cis woman -- sounded male. But ...

    Aug 22, 2018
  • Writers Corner Re: Where did it all begin?

    For most of my stories, they're set in Nebulous Kind-Of-Florida Land which gets slowly smoothed out as I figure out just what's going on. Recently some of my WIPs have ...

    Aug 15, 2018
  • Writers Corner Re: Where did it all begin?

    Pre-handover Hong Kong --> Not Hong Kong (but it's Hong Kong) --> the New Territories --> Port Edward (basically somewhere I made up because I hate research :P)

    Aug 12, 2018
  • Research Re: Personification of Death

    I picked handsome man -- but personally speaking, anything mildly "different" to the grip reaper would definitely intrigue me as it'd be totally different to what I'd imagine normally anyway ...

    Aug 9, 2018
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Words Associated

    Yeet (totally a word)

    Aug 7, 2018
  • Welcome Mat Re: After a seven year hiatus, I'm back!

    I vaguely recognise your name from when I just joined. Welcome home!

    Aug 7, 2018
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Burqa Bans

    Despite my better judgement, I'm going to comment anyway -- so please excuse me if I get too spirited. :P There's a lot of reasons given, but my personal opinion ...

    Aug 7, 2018
  • Writing Activities Re: Describe your project with three nouns!

    Sherbet Lemons would be... Freedom, maturing and truth. Maturing? Aging? Growing up?

    Aug 7, 2018
  • Art & Photography Re: Sonder's Character Commissions

    CLAIMING A SPOT because I’m at work but you can have all my points or something

    Aug 2, 2018
  • Writers Corner Re: Sherbet Lemons

    Sherbet Lemons Blues Has Made A Mess Help me clean up please I don't really know what's going on at all in this novel, but I'm writing this in the ...

    Jul 24, 2018
  • Writers Corner Re: Menagerie (Working title)

    bro. BRO.

    Jul 21, 2018
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Taking YWS to a donations-only revenue model

    Aaah I was thinking about this the other day! And then I decided to come back. I'm in a tight spot with money now but I'd promised myself I'd donate ...

    Jul 16, 2018
  • Lounge, The Re: The "I'm Back" Thread

    I'm back! For a short while...

    Jul 15, 2018
  • Lounge, The Re: Where is everyone from?

    Egypt!

    Jul 1, 2016
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [9]

    MORE FROM @Auxiira's PRIDE ADVENTURES: She was in London for Pride and what better opportunity to meet up? (I look awful I had work pls ignore)

    Jun 30, 2016


You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott