User avatar

Bjorn

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is the United Nations powerless against global injustices?

    I agree. Let's not also forget the U.S. went against the UN's wishes of invading Iraq. If a nation can that easily and blatantly disregard the UN, then what point ...

    Mar 6, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: "Yugonostalgia" Across the Former Yugoslavia

    It's a few weeks outdated, yet nevertheless I found it highly interesting. And there is definitely truth behind it. My own household is a testament to that. (By DAN BILEFSKY ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Communism, for better or for worse?

    The basic communist ideas, that is a classless society based on common ownership of the means of production and ownership leading eventually to a "stateless" society, I am intrigued by. ...

    Feb 24, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: American Embassy In Belgrade Attacked By Demonstrators

    "Several hundred demonstrators broke away from a massive rally in Belgrade Thursday, setting fire to an office inside the U.S. Embassy to protest against Washington's recognition of Kosovo's declarati

    Feb 21, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: World hunger has been cured?

    I agree with Rei. We can extort as much as we want from third world and developing nations, and in return we give them... peanut butter (or a more fatty, ...

    Feb 20, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Kosovo Declares Independence

    "Kosovo declared itself an independent nation on Sunday, sealing a historic bid for statehood in defiance of the Serbian government and Russia." "Kosovo is "an independent, sovereign and democratic st

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why?

    I'd have to say certain political policies (i.e. the Second Amendement that Sam had mentioned), the educational system, and the culture, amongst a plethora of other things, contribute to this ...

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    Thank you for your opinion Kelsi. :)

    Feb 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    Well I'm not outright complaining about American matters, I was giving my view. That being said I understand I don't have any personal experiences with the health care system in ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    Well I'm sorry, I thought it being a debate group I would introduce a topic for debate, give my stance, then try and back up my stance...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    Oh I am reading around a bit more, thank you. What I meant was that as an intellectual he is. As for your first point, exactly. The differences aren't much ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Religion and War

    Well we can't use language like that around here. ^_^;; But it is true, interpretation of "the Word" (the meaning here is ambiguous - holy text or "propaganda") distorts the ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    First off, thank you. It did take a bit of searching and reading. As to your second point, I was unaware that all the places he visited besides Cuba, such ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    I took Nate's advice and made a topic about health-care. This is no new debate or issue. Though perhaps Moore's "Sicko" helped push the issue to the forefront. So I ...

    Feb 9, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [5]

    Dan - As tempting as it is, my dear Hrvat, to surrender the point to your rambling and intricate logic, I shall maintain that you are ever so marginally insane ...

    Feb 6, 2008


“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing