User avatar

Bjorn

  • Lounge, The Re: Kosovo Declares Independence

    "Kosovo declared itself an independent nation on Sunday, sealing a historic bid for statehood in defiance of the Serbian government and Russia." "Kosovo is "an independent, sovereign and democratic st

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why?

    I'd have to say certain political policies (i.e. the Second Amendement that Sam had mentioned), the educational system, and the culture, amongst a plethora of other things, contribute to this ...

    Feb 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    Thank you for your opinion Kelsi. :)

    Feb 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    Well I'm not outright complaining about American matters, I was giving my view. That being said I understand I don't have any personal experiences with the health care system in ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    Well I'm sorry, I thought it being a debate group I would introduce a topic for debate, give my stance, then try and back up my stance...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    Oh I am reading around a bit more, thank you. What I meant was that as an intellectual he is. As for your first point, exactly. The differences aren't much ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Religion and War

    Well we can't use language like that around here. ^_^;; But it is true, interpretation of "the Word" (the meaning here is ambiguous - holy text or "propaganda") distorts the ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    First off, thank you. It did take a bit of searching and reading. As to your second point, I was unaware that all the places he visited besides Cuba, such ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Healthcare

    I took Nate's advice and made a topic about health-care. This is no new debate or issue. Though perhaps Moore's "Sicko" helped push the issue to the forefront. So I ...

    Feb 9, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Chthonic Mantra

    Thank-you! And welcome to the site! And here is a rarity: a Slav from the Motherland! (Well, besides our good friend Zion/Arvandor, and anyone else I don't know).

    Feb 6, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [5]

    Dan - As tempting as it is, my dear Hrvat, to surrender the point to your rambling and intricate logic, I shall maintain that you are ever so marginally insane ...

    Feb 6, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Chthonic Mantra

    Ah! Thank-you all! And here I thought all it's being praised for would have contributed to its negative criticism. - Suzanne, mein kleine Poljakina: I like your interpretation of it. ...

    Feb 6, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The sky flashes Zeus’s golden lightning

    A few things: First off what is whitening ? Then there is your use of the accented e in perchéd . It doesn't sound very good, that is, it doesn't ...

    Feb 5, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Chthonic Mantra

    [A] Chthonic Mantra God of Wisdom, Lord of Death; Hornéd beast Of Earth and wealth Like thine roots In thy loam, Give me strength To ride this storm.

    Feb 4, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [5]

    Ah, Dreamy thou art beautiful, as befits a woman of your wit and character. ^_~ You are also clearly insane. XD Ah, but what insanity does is purify the mind ...

    Feb 2, 2008


Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix