User avatar

Bickazer

  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Zenith Cycle: Zenith--Prologue

    Oh! Argh! You're right! >_> How come I never notice stuff like that? Crud...I've got to fix that (but what would be a suitable substitute for "Castle"?) Darn. If you're ...

    Aug 29, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Zenith Cycle: Zenith--Prologue

    Thanks so much for the review! :) I really appreciate objective looks at my work. And this is making me feel odd, because I HATE this prologue. Really. With a ...

    Aug 28, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Zenith Cycle: Zenith--Prologue

    La la la~! Double post is double post is bad! Well, too bad, I'm doing it anyway, as I've got the final 2.5 pages of the prologue. And if you're ...

    Aug 27, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Zenith Cycle: Zenith--Prologue

    Thanks so much for the critique! :) And you're right about the opening sentence--quite simply, I hate it too. The fact that I start off the whole epic with an ...

    Aug 26, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The End of Innocence-Prologue

    It is more gramatically correct; the only time when you're supposed to just put an apostrophe after the word is if it ends in s, and even the Struck & ...

    Aug 26, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The End of Innocence-Prologue

    Yes, yes, yes, that is MUCH better. I got a much better feel for the characters this time, and the prose seems much better (i.e. less sparse) than it was ...

    Aug 25, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: War Mage

    And rather then being rivals Ash and Krill genuinely hate each other with a passion. Well, okay, but does Krill have any redeeming features? It's things like this that make ...

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Zenith Cycle: Zenith--Prologue

    Yeah, the first chap will be in the present. But the entire epic--six books' worth--will cover...approximately twenty-six years, I think. Ergh, it's been so long since I've worked on the ...

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: The Zenith Cycle: Zenith--Prologue

    Yeah, well...I did mean for the prologue to be kind of vague and have a mysterious air to it--as it actually takes place around eleven years before the actual events ...

    Aug 23, 2008


I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov