User avatar

Betheny

  • Lyrics Re: You don't care

    Truley fantastic, in my opinion anyway. I only wish that I could actually hear it being sung. I think that it will really speak to alot of young girls, especially ...

    Aug 22, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Words breaking free

    I agree mostly with the previous statment, the fact that rhythming is a little off in places and the similes/metaphors can be improved upon. I think that you try to ...

    Aug 22, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Sisterhood - Prologue

    “The forest is a dangerous place, you know.” A mother said as she emerged from the dim light of her son’s room. “Yes Mother, I know.” Came the strong reply ...

    Aug 20, 2011


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch