User avatar

BenFranks

BenFranks

  • Lounge, The Re: What's everyone reading?

    Red Dragon by Thomas Harris Pretty good read.

    Jan 16, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Official YWS Weekly Review Race

    Reserved for Updates

    Jan 15, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Official YWS Weekly Review Race

    2013 Winners Sheet Week Commencing: 20 Jan 2013 Hannah Week Commencing: 27 Jan 2013 Hannah Week Commencing: 3 Feb 2013 Hannah Week Commencing: 10 Feb 2013 TBA Week Commencing: 17 ...

    Jan 15, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Official YWS Weekly Review Race

    The Official 2013 YWS WEEKLY REVIEW RACE Hosted by BenFranks and Shino FIRST TO TEN REVIEWS THIS WEEK, EVERY WEEK What is this? This is an awesome weekly race whereby ...

    Jan 15, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Best Film of 2012?

    Skyfall was this year's best film. It celebrated everything great about a franchise which has lasted 50 years. Apart from that Les Miserables , Argo and Looper deserve honourable mentions. ...

    Jan 14, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Review Race!

    Has anyone won this yet? If not, I'll join the race when I get back from a gig tonight. For now, here's my new work.

    Jan 14, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Ron Weasley - Doctor Who?

    What? That film was terrible ! Apart from Grint, obviously. :D Blasphemy! Bill Nigh is a Lord. And the film is funny as hell. Watch it again. ;) I love ...

    Jan 14, 2013
  • Official Polls Re: What do you think of classics?

    I used to despise the classics, only ever really amounting some kind of enjoyment when reading Coleridge or Conan-Doyle. However after taking up Literature at sixth form and now University, ...

    Jan 11, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Review Race!

    Hmm, if no-one's won this by the time I get back from my weekend break on Sunday evening, I'll post a work and do a spree. You can all hold ...

    Jan 11, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Ron Weasley - Doctor Who?

    Yes, please! I've missed my dear little Ron, it would be nice to see more of him :) Did you ever catch Wild Target ? That film was hilarious. What? ...

    Jan 11, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Marijuana-legal in US?

    An argument against legalisation: Disregarding any tax issues etc., by legalising marijuana a government is showing support (or, if not support, tolerance) for the use of the drug. Yes, alcohol ...

    Jan 11, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Influence of Rap Culture on Society

    I have also got the same issue I've always had with the Pew Research Centre and that's how small their samples are to supposedly represent a whole nation 's thinking.

    Jan 11, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Ron Weasley - Doctor Who?

    Idris Elba is the only proper candidate. I think the role is too immature for Elba.

    Jan 10, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Best Article of 2012?

    That's a good hit. I like that.

    Jan 10, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Influence of Rap Culture on Society

    Can I point out a key flaw in what we're discussing? Telephone interviews for this survey were conducted among a nationally representative sample of 3,086 adults from September 5-October 6, ...

    Jan 10, 2013


Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson