User avatar

BenFranks

BenFranks

  • WRFF Archive Re: Classy Reviews [open]

    I see Historical fiction isn't really your thing, but if you can, have a look at my Reg Carter novel start and tell me what you think of it. I ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Luna 1.0 (edited)

    1. Reunion Her. Finally. I had been waiting for almost fifteen years. Bands of anxiety constricted my heart. What should I say? My eyes followed her as she silently drifted ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • WRFF Archive Re: Royal Reviews: critiques from the empress

    Ullo! :) I was wondering if you'd mind reviewing the start to my new novel? Here's the link: Chapter 1 & Prologue: Chapter 2: I was wondering if you could ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • WRFF Archive Re: Reviews from a Marine (Re-opened)

    Hi! Any chance you could review my Historical fiction Novel start? It's the Reg Carter series. It's only 3 chapters long at the moment, but, hopefull I'll get 4 and ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Based in World War II

    Hello there! I'm Ben, love the story! Here's just a note of my thoughts and improvements... :) Chapter One: Marcella Hanes The orchestra played their enchanting melodies. Love the opening, ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How do you write?

    Personally I don't plan, mostly I just write and let the writing motor itself into a plot. It usually doesn't work! BUT! by doing this I can take sections from ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    This is an interesting one, but my worst 5 would be: ""Homage to Catalonia"" by George Orwell because it's so slow paced and there's no hook. I didn't take to ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Looking For A Partner

    Ullo, I'm writing a Historical Fiction novel, called Reg Carter: Deep Cover. It's set in WWII and I need someone to write the story of Roger & Marie (become more ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • General Articles Re: Black Ink [edit]

    Fantastic! :)

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Reg Carter: Deep Cover Chapt. 2 (16+)

    Reg Carter: Deep Cover By Ben Franks Recommended 16+ due to strong language and violent references. Key: Schutzstaffel: SS (Nazi party’s “Shield Squadron” or ‘MI6 of Nazi Germany’) Obersturm

    Jan 8, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Practice Opening to Sci Fi Book - Need feedback!

    Thankyou for your review. I'd just like to mention that dialogue is a motor to my story which is why it's used as often as it is, however, I do ...

    Jan 8, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Evony- the new planet

    Hello iCarlyfan! I'm Ben :) I'll give you a little note of my thoughts and improvements... Standing on the top of the hill, I smiled as I stared at the ...

    Jan 8, 2010
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: The Messengers: a blip from the middle

    Also, would a normal person really know the exact sound of a rocket taking off? Maybe use a different metaphor. I don't mean to be picky... but I think you ...

    Jan 8, 2010
  • General Articles Re: Map Making and Writing

    The way you have compared Map Making and Writing is so original but so obvious that it's perfect. You've created a piece which is unique and really gets your readers ...

    Jan 7, 2010
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Reg Carter: Deep Cover Chapt. 1 (Strong Language)

    Thankyou, I found your review very helpful :). It's only rated 18+ until I get confirmation of the language! I find your dialogue tips very useful and I'm making changes ...

    Jan 7, 2010


I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon