User avatar

BenFranks

BenFranks

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Marijuana-legal in US?

    An argument against legalisation: Disregarding any tax issues etc., by legalising marijuana a government is showing support (or, if not support, tolerance) for the use of the drug. Yes, alcohol ...

    Jan 11, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Influence of Rap Culture on Society

    I have also got the same issue I've always had with the Pew Research Centre and that's how small their samples are to supposedly represent a whole nation 's thinking.

    Jan 11, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Ron Weasley - Doctor Who?

    Idris Elba is the only proper candidate. I think the role is too immature for Elba.

    Jan 10, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Best Article of 2012?

    That's a good hit. I like that.

    Jan 10, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Influence of Rap Culture on Society

    Can I point out a key flaw in what we're discussing? Telephone interviews for this survey were conducted among a nationally representative sample of 3,086 adults from September 5-October 6, ...

    Jan 10, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Marijuana-legal in US?

    Aet makes some good rounded points, but I think my point still stands that you'll struggle to get a political figure willing to implement the change any time soon. Like ...

    Jan 10, 2013
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Marijuana-legal in US?

    Interesting points given by Aet and an interesting point given by you too, North, regarding the idea of driving accidents potentially rising. Perhaps you're right, but we won't really know. ...

    Jan 9, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: The "I'm Back" Thread

    I'm lame and let the real world get the better of me. But I'm back now. Let the Lily legacy continue to terrorize the halls of YWS for years to ...

    Jan 9, 2013
  • Welcome Mat Re: 안녕하세요 여러분... 다시 >.<"

    Welcome back to YWS, hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to ask us Mods any questions, we're always happy to help. You'll find these days on YWS the ...

    Jan 9, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Ron Weasley - Doctor Who?

    Grint wins my vote over Hiddleston

    Jan 8, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Notifications

    I'd have thought my 312 notifications when I returned in December after two months away would have exceeded the posts if they weren't in their thousands. Lol

    Jan 7, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Ron Weasley - Doctor Who?

    Yes, please! I've missed my dear little Ron, it would be nice to see more of him :) Did you ever catch Wild Target ? That film was hilarious.

    Jan 7, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Ron Weasley - Doctor Who?

    I didn't know I needed this until now. I want this so bad. Yes, it would be awesome. I imagine funny too.

    Jan 7, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Ron Weasley - Doctor Who?

    Someone mentioned to me today the actor Rupert Grint, who played Ronald Weasley in the famous Harry Potter franchise, was considered by a BBC crew member to fill Matt Smith's ...

    Jan 7, 2013
  • Lounge, The Re: Best Article of 2012?

    Some of us, being writers, will read the papers. The stories of every day bring inspiration in all forms, even when you're simply delving into the regional. They also bring ...

    Jan 7, 2013


Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant