User avatar

BarrettBenedict

  • Other Poetry Re: Love so pretty yesterday.

    The butterflies died and lay in the snow. Yay. But I felt like something new. That feeling of abandon that I love to give to you. I know I'm lousy ...

    Sep 17, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Devil May Care? I Don't.

    The mirror reflects more mirrors. You put them together wrong and show enough people and they will say "Hey, yeah, I can swing that." I don't get the relationship of ...

    Sep 17, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: --August 15

    It'll do. I think everyone else caught the spelling mistakes and so forth. The teenage years are full of confusion and brooding. I wrote many such like this. Who cares ...

    Sep 17, 2009
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate the Avatar Above You! [3]

    I like it. I give it an 8/10. It's artful, and well colored. It suggests a kind of beauty, but it's not lame beauty, because hawks aren't lame.

    Sep 17, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Good Dark Fiction

    Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo. It's an oldy but a goody, dark political story about a Soldier that gets all of his extremities blown off and is stuck ...

    Sep 17, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: The White Room (Warning: Graphic Imagery)

    I was delighted as poop to find this. This is just a naturally great horror story. I enjoyed it so much I forgot to think of things to say during ...

    Sep 17, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Edit

    This was pretty fun to read. I like the fact that it's not broken up into any stanzas. It's like one frenetic train of thought, and in my head I ...

    Sep 17, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: do i sound like an idiot?

    Hi. You seem interesting enough. Your name might get you in trouble though. They're a bit puritan around here. And: You don't sound like an idiot. And: Write something. -Barrett

    Sep 17, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: If You Could Hie to Kolob

    Well that's actually pretty cool. I didn't know the mormon faith held anything like that in it. Also interesting that I just started reading The Varieties of Scientific Experience by ...

    Sep 16, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: If You Could Hie to Kolob

    When all the stars were gone, then there would be no more light, and they would reign forever. I would take out that middle part, and just have it: When ...

    Sep 16, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Organism

    It reminds me of what a scientist would dream, perhaps lacking the poetic finesse in waking life. It's a beautiful viewpoint; admiring the complexities of design in the universe. I ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I need a cigarette

    This is well done because it makes me want a cigarette too. But maybe not one as personal as this. I'd hate to get attached to something and give it ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Finnegans Wake (James Joyce)

    Ha, ha. Well put, sir.

    Sep 10, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Finnegans Wake (James Joyce)

    It's awesome if you're a linguist. He mixes a lot of different langauges together in the same sentences, constantly making quips and puns that I'm sure he was the only ...

    Sep 10, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Greatest Story Ever Written

    Hey, that was pretty good. First thing I've read of yours and I am impressed. I think the teacher should get a kick out of this. It certainly held my ...

    Sep 8, 2009


A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde