User avatar

BarrettBenedict

  • Writing Tips Re: want to publish a story

    Hey guys, thanks for all your help, especially that website sureal, but alas, my original question was less about publishing in general, and more about publishing a specific story. I'd ...

    Nov 23, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Caricature of a Deity

    Well, the beginning can be changed. It's a shame you didn't read through more of the story, and give me a fuller critique, because even if I improved upon the ...

    Nov 23, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: want to publish a story

    I've got this story I want to get published, yet there are a few questions I have about the whole process. For one I want to know if this particular ...

    Nov 16, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Song for You: a haiku

    It is meant to be "God, you're beautiful".

    Nov 11, 2006
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Let Them Eat Cake

    We picked him up at an old run down watering hole, passed out on a bench in the back of the joint. Dreaming of discarded pictures of loved ones and ...

    Oct 20, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Rubber Boot Blues

    Wow, thanks Fand. I agree with just about every change you've suggested here, except for the removal of the word magically towards the end. The reason I can't remove that ...

    Oct 15, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Rubber Boot Blues

    I knew an amazing storyteller once; he used to talk in great waves, distorting space and time, and weaving majestic tales through the immeasurable tapestry of the infinite. Occasionally, during ...

    Oct 13, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: I never met a haberdasher I didn't not meet,

    None of it makes sense anymore. When cons start outweighing pros, and hope becomes a screaming infant tied to a stick and beaten repeatedly against the concrete sidewalk, and every ...

    Oct 7, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Eunuch

    Wow, this is simply amazing.

    Sep 30, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Ambigious Vivacious Folds of the Canopy

    I think TimJim gave you just about everything you need. You have a good sense for words, you just need to work on how you utilize them. Overall this was ...

    Sep 30, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Zilch

    If you count to ten Then count to three You’re thirteen steps ahead of me But if you count infinity I’m closer than you’ll ever be

    Sep 17, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Anniversary

    Thank you backgroundbob. Your comments are definitely flattering seeing as how you yourself are an exceptional writer and one who's opinions I can trust.

    Sep 15, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Anniversary

    As the man studied the crimson Rorschach test left on his bathroom wall, he decided that it reminded him of a butterfly in a frog's mouth, or maybe of cat ...

    Sep 13, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: not even a farewell

    Hey there, thanks for all your comments. I would like to say to writingluver that the use of comfy chair in this poem was quite intentional. It's there to signify ...

    Aug 29, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: not even a farewell

    and so I sit here in my comfy chair the smell of censored reality on my breath who says I can't laugh away the pain? just that one little piece ...

    Aug 20, 2006


Sometimes wisdom came from strange places, even from giant teenaged goldfish.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena