User avatar

ArahAkachi1

Arah

  • Research Re: Dialouge for Paragraphs

    In my novel, The first part of chapter 1 is a essay. So would I use Quotation marks at the beginning of each since one of my protaganists is reporting ...

    Jan 19, 2012
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: SOPA and PIPA

    Whats your view on the discussion of SOPA and PIPA to censor the internet?

    Jan 18, 2012
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Family of Sinners Part 2

    Chapter 2 I opened my eyes seeing the muzzle of a wolf. "Sin, it won't work again," I told the wolf attempting to push it off me. The wolf snarled ...

    Jan 12, 2012
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Short Action Scene

    This is a really good action scene. When I'm at school bored, I sit there and write short stories that are mainly action scenes such as this one, and use ...

    Jan 10, 2012
  • Writing Tips Re: Knowing the end before writing?

    If you can know when and how your story will end, it will give you a much better way to write it to have it end up that way. It's ...

    Jan 9, 2012
  • Writing Tips Re: Help with my Prolouge

    I need some help with my prolouge. Can I use my Prolouge as a flashblack to like 15 years when a storm hits and there's panic everywhere and something happens. ...

    Jan 9, 2012
  • Writing Tips Re: Short rules for aspiring writers from famous authors

    Some good tips since I've broken a few of these rules already (Oops!). I'll have to revise my novel and try to follow some of these rules. Thanks alot for ...

    Jan 9, 2012
  • Welcome Mat Re: new to the site, here for writing support

    Welcome Sharry! You will have a fun, enjoyable time here on Young Writers Society (YWS). You can post your works under certain categories and then get reviewed to get more ...

    Jan 6, 2012
  • Writing Tutorials Re: How to Write Chapters

    This is some good adivce. I usually don't edit it till I see what I did wrong. When I do hand write it (which is more than I type), I ...

    Jan 5, 2012
  • Miscellaneous Re: Copyright Law and YWS

    Thanks for the information. My Guardian was worried about me posting my stories on here and someone else taking them and saying it's theirs. Now I won't have to worry ...

    Jan 5, 2012
  • Writing Tips Re: Easy way to write a successful series

    Thanks PersephoneMary! I'm in the process of my first novel in a series and this is some good advice on how to keep the storyline flowing.

    Jan 5, 2012
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Name Finding Tips

    This may not help, but I usually just put a single letter and then start adding random letters until they make since. One of my character's name in my novel ...

    Jan 5, 2012
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Family of Sinners Part 1

    1. Ok, so they are basically humans with supernatural abilities. 2. The moon plays a big part since Felan and Maple, they can transform into wolves since they have a ...

    Jan 5, 2012
  • Writing Tips Re: Help with action scenes

    What is pacing? Pacing is moving your story forward smoothly, at your speed. Not everyone wants a breakneck race through the pages; not everyone wants a bucolic amble, either. The ...

    Dec 12, 2011
  • Welcome Mat Re: New girl on the block!

    Welcome to Young Writers Society Ciara! A wonderful place where you will be able to post your poetry, novels, and short stories. Others will be able to review your work ...

    Dec 5, 2011


A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost