User avatar

Aneke

  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Aliens!

    Well, I guess I'm going to be the oddball and beg to differ on the big-block-o'-text opinion. I know it's an English-class no-no. But I quite like it here. The ...

    Jun 27, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Guarded Procession

    ...And this is precisely why poetry is so difficult to critique. It's really all in the eye of the beholder. Rules don't really apply to poetry - and, frankly, some ...

    Jun 25, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Not Alone.

    This is the first part of a short story (about the character behind my username ;) ). I -really- need help with the first paragraph in particular. Hardcore critiques would ...

    Jun 25, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: chapter 1 (maybe)

    The cirrus-streaked sky darkened as a thick haze rose from the bloody ground. A single man stood alone on the battlefield that was flooded with carnage. This is unnecessary; I ...

    Jun 25, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Cantarella

    I like this story, I really do. But I have to agree somewhat with Griffinkeeper: the diary format doesn't quite work here. I think part of it is the fact ...

    Jun 24, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character invisioning

    While I have found it both helpful and lots of fun to draw my characters, I've also looked for their dopplegangers mostly for the what-the-heck. I've put together hypothetical "soundtracks" ...

    Jun 24, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Long Time Listener...

    Heya, punk! Yeah, he's the mature one out of the two of us...or so it seems... Welcome, anyways. It feels kind of funny to welcome somebody when I've only been ...

    Jun 24, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Mutts - Touch

    I like this a lot. I realize it's supposed to be literal - POV of a baby - but I think it works really well metaphorically in relation to the ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Man of the Centuries

    If I was you, I would cut the first bit entirely, the part before the break. I mean, it could work, but I think the work is better without it. ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: The Year of 2089

    When I say walking, I mean walking. Cars, are now illegal in the United states since 2040 (my father tells me) because they caused so much damage to the environment. ...

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Playlists

    I've found that the very best thing for me to listen to whilst writing has been trance/electronic. The steady, repetitive nature of it turns it instantly into a background rhythm ...

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    I think that a market and audience really shouldn't matter a whole lot until you're actually trying to sell. And honestly, the lines are unbelievably blurry. I used to work ...

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Kingdom Hearts

    Haha, I have to agree with Pingu...once I get going on this subject I probably won't be able to shut up. When it comes to Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy ...

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Titles and Writing With Titles

    What I've done for short stories is look for lines in the work itself that describe it as a whole. Usually I can find a tiny something-or-rather that sums up ...

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Reject!

    I felt like there were a lot of benefits of being a reject - one of the biggest ones was that the few friends I did have in school have ...

    Jun 22, 2008


attempting foot extraction
— Mea