User avatar

AmyCx

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Loss

    I was quite impressed by this piece. I think the main problem was that there was no background - some explanation in the beginning of the second scene would have ...

    Dec 13, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Calling

    Thanks for the advice Conrad and Evi :) I've hit a dead end with this story and probably won't be going back to it for a while, but if I ...

    Dec 6, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Sam and Katy- runaway

    I really enjoyed reading this story :) I wouldn't have guessed that there was more that we hadn't read, I think you filled us in pretty well. For some reason, ...

    Dec 3, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: What musical album has affected your writing most?

    I'm another Killers fan - their Sawdust album was my companion during a really long writing session in the summer and I still can't listen to it now without being ...

    Dec 2, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: The Mortal Instruments Trilogy

    I loved The Mortal Instruments series! I remember my friend read 'City of Bones' back in June and was raving about this amazing book. I held off reading it for ...

    Nov 30, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Being Me in a World Where 'Me' is Not Accepted

    I really enjoyed this story - and I wouldn't worry about it being too 'Bridget Jones', it's written in a very different style. It would probably improve with a little ...

    Nov 30, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Lives Collide

    I loved how this story was very passionate - very beautiful prose when the narrator speaks about his girlfriend. I agree with the earlier point about the narrator's friend; the ...

    Nov 27, 2009
  • Romantic Novels Re: Whenever Forever Will Be - Chapter One (Part 1)

    I really liked this story - great flashback/dream at the beginning, it was so vivid I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't reality. Also, I particularly love the line, 'her hips ...

    Nov 26, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: Shuffle That Playlist!

    Only heard of Theory of a Deadman from that list, but I like your taste! 8/10 'The Greatest Denier' - Doves 'Time Honoured Tradition' - Kaiser Chiefs 'Believe Me Natalie' ...

    Nov 26, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Calling

    First chapter of a (hopefully) long story. * The sun was low in the sky, bleeding palely over the Liverpool skyline. It highlighted the hodgepodge mix of buildings; old cathedrals ...

    Nov 25, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Leap of Faith

    I loved this - but is it a short story or the first chapter/prologue of a larger one? The pace was good, not too slow, but slow enough to cover ...

    Nov 25, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members! [2]

    Hey AmberJane, nice to meet another newbie :) I know, my friends are all very supportive and lovely but only a few actually read anything. I like to write real-life-type ...

    Nov 25, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Grahams

    I'm incredibly impressed by this story! The Grahams are such a vivid family, I could picture them all perfectly. I love the use of adjectives in 'The Grahams'. Describing the ...

    Nov 23, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members! [2]

    Thanks Conrad :) It was great talking in chat. I'm busy trying to find stories to review now, I'm quite paranoid in case I say something too harsh and someone ...

    Nov 23, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: What's On Your iPod?

    I have 992 songs on my Sony Walkman which, okay, isn't technically an iPod. But still, I love it, and its contents, very much! At the moment, I'm listening to ...

    Nov 23, 2009


You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor