User avatar

AlyssaKyle

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Downwards

    Hey Justin. This just popped up in my newsfeed, so I figured I might as well check it out. This was very interesting, as always. It feels like a grouping ...

    May 12, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: What he doesn't know

    I actually think the ending of your poem does give the reader something to think about. It challenges them to evaluate their life to check if they are being true ...

    May 11, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Mothers and Sunday Mornings

    Kaila, this was amazing. I absolutely love it. The imagery you used was perfect for what you were saying, and the story is beautiful. Is this really a memory form ...

    Apr 3, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: I Had The World

    Hello there! You did a nice job with this. I think the bold and italics really add to what you are trying to convey. I like how the beginning and ...

    Apr 3, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A poem about....him

    I really love this poem! It reminds me of how I felt when I passed my boyfriend in the hallway when we first started talking. I pretty much agree with ...

    Apr 3, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Lost

    This as a villanelle for my creative writing class-the repetition and rhyme scheme are required of the structure to qualify as that type. We were told to use lyrics for ...

    Apr 2, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: The Future

    Hey there, God! I truly enjoyed reading your poem. I like how you took the cliche of dust in the wind and twisted it into something different and new. One ...

    Apr 2, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Helping Hand

    From my view sitting on the graffitied bus bench, I watched the cars reflecting the light like sea glass As they drove past. A multitude of people clogged The sidewalks, ...

    Mar 12, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Oval Portrait

    The yellowed light that fell through the window cast shadows that stretched to the corners of the room. The artist picked up his brush and began to transfer the image ...

    Mar 10, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Autumnal Night

    Hey there! Welcome to YWS! This was jam packed with strong imagery for such a short poem. I especially like these lines: "Bold and lustrous orange above Lisping, aging, mourning ...

    Feb 20, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: In Envy Of Goldfish,... really raw copy so attack! :-)

    Hey there Welcome to YWS. The review above covered all the grammatical things I noticed, so I won't bother repeating them. I think this poem worked without being broken up ...

    Feb 20, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: *Title too long to put here*

    This was certainly very interesting. I happen to like Doctor Who, by the way. I was a bit confused though. If the world is advanced enough for televsion an porduction ...

    Feb 19, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Dorothy's Diner

    This is not my best work. I wrote it in half an hour in my creative writing class when we were focusing on indirect characterization. The tinkling sound coming form ...

    Feb 19, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: My Room

    Hey there! Welcome to YWS! As usual, I feel Galerius was a bit extenstive, but I did agree with some of what he said. The rhyming in the first stanza ...

    Feb 19, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Concrete Apocalypse

    Sorry, the second review was not there while I was writing this one, so I apologize for the repetition of a lot of what they told you.

    Feb 19, 2009


Not tryna sound like a houseplant but sometimes all you need is food water and sun and suddenly everything is better
— Quillfeather