User avatar

AlyssaKyle

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Coming Out in the End

    Lydia watched as the porcelain ballerina twirled gracefully around to the soft, tinkling music, never once breaking her faultless form. Lydia smiled, recalling the hours she spent trying to mimic ...

    May 17, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Untitled

    Hello there! And welcome to YWS! I have to say, this is one of the best free-form poems I have read. Its length appeared daunting at first, but as soon ...

    May 16, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Honey Amber Shoal

    Hello there! And welcome to YWS! Hmm, this was a very interesting piece. At some points it felt as if the narrator was speaking to their child and at other ...

    May 15, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Last Gift - Chpt 1

    Hello again! Okay, to the review. I liked the depth you gave your characters, even in this short piece. You added life to the story (ie No talking girl). I ...

    May 14, 2009
  • Romantic Novels Re: Bloodlust - Preface

    Hi there! Well, I feel a little odd reviewing this now. It was posted a long time ago and there have but several reviews already, but I read it, so ...

    May 14, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Dream

    Hello Again! I didn't read any of the above revews, so my apologies if I repeat something. I thought this poem was nice. The rhyme scheme was good. It didn't ...

    May 14, 2009
  • Lyrics Re: Butterfly Girl

    Hello! Alright, let's get to it, shall we? I was glad that you had a structure to your song. You wouldn't believe how many songs are posted without a chorus. ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Egg Hunt

    Hi there! I like how I had to search for the egg too! I found it interesting that you basically have a close up of the wall with some grass ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Undercurrent

    Hello there! Typically, I don't care for poems with a scattererd structure or none at all, but I think it works for this. Although I must say, I did feel ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Brothers

    This poem was beautiful. You did an excellent job of capturing the emotion. I felt sad just reading it. I like how you talk about memories from the past as ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Long Live the Car Crash Hearts

    Maya and Parker Painting sets for the drama club wasn’t exactly the most exciting thing Maya had ever done. Her mother decided she needed to be more involved in her ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: When I say I love you

    Hello there! Alright, let's get to it! I'll start off with my nit picks. If I am correct, you have the second and fourth lines of each stanza rhyming. If ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Friends.....

    Hello there! And welcome to YWS! Okay, to my review. I'm typically not a fan of stanzas built of different lengths, but I think it works for this poem. I ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: The Heart

    Hey there! You did a good job on this poem, no signs of rust that I could spot. There was a natural flow and meter when I read, which is ...

    May 13, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Really?

    Okay, I'm a little frustrated because I just wrote you a fantastic review and it didn't take. So I will try to do it again. Wow, a lot of people ...

    May 12, 2009


And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk