User avatar

Alice

  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla "So why did you push him away?" Tyler asked me. "He's...leaving day after tomorrow and I thought if he left on bad terms I wouldn't miss him as much...It....I ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla Tyler didn't let go of my hand, it felt weird, but also stabalizing, I wouldn't fall again so long as he held onto my hand. When we were on ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    (Mysterious helping yet creepy stranger time! Hope he's still in town for another day if not...guess he is now XD) Sybyla I wrapped my arms around myself as my knees ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla The voice mail picked up, "Hey its Marc leave a message after the whatever noise it makes." The phone made an odd noise. "Marc, um...it's Syb...I just...I...oh fuck it, ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla I wandered aimlessly down the streets, the rain didn't bother me, in fact it comforted me. I didn't feel so alone with the rain and wind hugging me close. ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla After my shift ended I was nearly in tears, I actually truly hoped that he would have shown up at the bar, just to see if I was there. ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla I started crying, I couldn't help it. I had yelled at him and gotten what I wanted to happen. I got him to leave, but I knew I wouldn't ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla What was I doing? I was picking a fight with him! I didn't want to push him away, he said he'd marry me. But part of me was determined. ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla I was glad too. "Did they say what was wrong?" "Just too much stress and excitement." He kissed her forehead, "we'll just stop that from happening again won't we?" ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla When I woke I was still in the hospital, but the doctors and all but one nurse had left. The nurse was just inserting something into my IV bag. ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Archive Re: Random Vampire Story 2

    Sybyla "Too long of a story." She rounded a corner and ran smack into the lackey's chest. His hands gripped her arms and she did the only thing she could ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Archive Re: Random Vampire Story 2

    Sybyla "Hey Sib! Wait up!" Tristian's voice called. She spun around and faced him. "What's up?" "Just..." She looked over his shoulder and saw the lackey coming after her. She ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Ticktock

    Tommy Phan writes dective novels, a shame to his family for casting off the old world ways, is about to get a surprise. But not all surprises are good. A ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla I drifted in and out as the doctors poked and probed me and stuck needles in my arm. I wanted to say I was okay now, that they didn't ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Archive Re: Life, Friends, Books, Love, and Awesome Coffee

    Sybyla He was kissing me dizzy, really dizzy. It felt weird. "Marc, something's wrong," I moaned and fought agains the darkness invading my vision. My body had gone numb and ...

    Jun 8, 2008


Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus