User avatar

Aisho

  • Fantasy Novels Re: Spirit Tamer: The Ninth Gate

    Oolala. An *excellent* continuation. I can't wait for chapter two. This discrimination against Torians is really interesting. I've gone for culture-against-culture before myself, but I have to say I d

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Blue King ~ Chapter Twenty-three

    Rated "R" for violence. It's not really *that* violent -- buut -- I suppose if you think about the amount of blood that would issue from the violent act ... ...

    Oct 2, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: FA-1

    I really enjoyed reading about the violinists; I could almost hear their playing. Wonderful, wonderful job. Twinflower did the nit-picking, so there's not much for me to say about this ...

    Sep 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Songwood.. again

    Your grammar and your spelling needs work, but other than that, this was excellent. You managed to introduce us into a completely alien world and still make it feel as ...

    Sep 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: When A Dreamer Dies

    This has been pretty well worked over, so I'm not going to further pick apart your prologue -- but I will say this. Don't abandon your prologue yet, simply consider ...

    Sep 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Blue King ~ Chapter Twenty-two

    Eh. That's all I really think about this chapter ... eh. It's weak as chapters go ... I'm tempted to cut out all the story-telling. What do you think? Keep ...

    Sep 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Blue King ~ Chapter Twenty-one

    Not much going on in this chapter ... I really like it for some reason, but -- no swashbuckling or heroic magic. Just moronic cousins and one order of traitorous ...

    Sep 27, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Spirit Tamer: The Ninth Gate

    I ... love it. No, that's not a strong enough word. I'm not sure what to say, except that this is an *amazing* piece. This is the first time in ...

    Sep 27, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Under the Mountain-Chapter 1, Section 1

    I like the idea of a literal tree house, and I *love* that they're called the Tors. I don't know why, but that really appeals to me. My only criticsm ...

    Sep 26, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My Psalm

    I'm no expert on poetry, but I will say this: I felt the first far more strongly than I felt the second. I understood what you were feeling -- but ...

    Sep 26, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Blue King ~ Chapter Twenty

    Rated "R" for violence. I figured I play it safe this time. :) PLEASE NOTE : I attached the map of J'engar and Talon to this post. Please, look at ...

    Sep 25, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Blue King - Chapter Nineteen

    Oh, Caelun. You misguided little guard. :D You'll see what I mean ... he's one of those guys who'll argue his heart out but never quite understand *what* he's arguing ...

    Sep 24, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Firebrand: Prologue (formerly"The Burning")

    Your imagery is brilliant. I loved it!! The only discrepancy I could find was that you initially described the waves a forceful and crashing, yattayattayatta, but a few paragraphs later ...

    Sep 24, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: THE BLUE KING - CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

    Um, well ... okay. A) The "new characters" are only tools. Don't worry about 'em. B) Talon and J'engar ain't that big. Thus, their armies are pretty small. C) I ...

    Sep 20, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: THE BLUE KING - CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

    It's long ... and there's some weak parts ... but I like it. It's very drama. :D Not rated R, because that's not generally how I write, but I have ...

    Sep 19, 2007


In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter