User avatar

AWritersFantasy

  • Information Desk Archive Re: YWS Groups Makeover Phase 1

    I have a question! A member of my Fantasy World Builder's group suggested this picture: as the one to be uploaded for our group, assuming it's not too big and ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Child of Ashes: Outcast- Prologue

    I think what your friend did is basically what I'm trying to do, but I'm not sure if what I've written is really heading in that direction. I think what ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Child of Ashes: Outcast- Prologue

    I was using the italics as an example. It's something that's done in the book Assassin's Apprentice. I was never planning on putting this part of the story in italics. ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Child of Ashes: Outcast- Prologue

    Okay. So, this is the beginning of the first story I'm writing for NaNoWriYe. But, I have some questions about how it's being written and whether or not I'm going ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Resolutions

    1. Work on and complete a first draft to a story/novel attempt Right now I'm more or less doing that, though I haven't actually written much. o.o 2. Remember to ...

    Jan 1, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: If you were an animal, what would you be?

    According to the quiz I took, my daemon/animal's name is Sereno. ...and is a ladybug. Edit: outside of that, however, I would either be a domestic cat (for the reasons ...

    Jan 1, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: NaNoWriYe?

    I'm really kind of tempted. >.> I attempted to do it...last year but failed. I stopped bothering maybe half way through. ...I don't know. I need to get myself working ...

    Dec 30, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: What did you get for Christmas?

    -A kayak (my mother got one this spring, and I got to go once with her, but didn't get to go any more because of not having my own kayak. ...

    Dec 28, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Nominations for Excellent Stories

    WritersDomain's...Tears? of Lecraesa. Whichever of Tears and Flames she's put up that I read (I don't remember at the moment). The characters are well thought out, as is the storyline, ...

    Dec 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Empire of the Sky- chapter one: Moonlight's Embrace

    Last night I started writing the first scene to Empire of the Sky , the new story I'm working on, mainly just to play around with the characters and try ...

    Dec 24, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: What Is Your Favorite Non-YWS Literary Site?

    Here's a good question. Does anyone remember the web site MyWriterBuddy.com? I think it was something like that. Basically, it was a site for finding writer buddies/mentors, but also much ...

    Dec 17, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: What Is Your Favorite Non-YWS Literary Site?

    Of those choices, I chose NaNoWriMo.org, because people are pretty helpful there, and next to YWS it's a place I pretty much visit daily (especially now that they'll be able ...

    Dec 15, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Avatars

    I made my icon. >.> Although in the case of this one, I did a search at Photobucket and ended up finding this picture. I cropped it and then added ...

    Dec 15, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Avatars

    has a special option to search for avatar-sized pictures. And they're usually pretty good results. That's what I tend to use. :) Good luck. ;) You forgot the fact that ...

    Dec 15, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Good Reads--good site!

    I joined. Here is my profile. Lemme know when you make the YWS group.

    Dec 14, 2007


Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly